Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376140 times)

bwood

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #825 on: April 14, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »
The CS game has the Money Cards but you have to select it separately. It is it's own entity. I prefer playing on www.arkadium.com which is where the Buzzr games are from. I love Plinko Pegs. They've been out quite some time.

Well, maybe just the main game if you go to buzzrtv's website.  That's all I've been able to do, so far.

I *think* you have to have some sort of account with them to see the Money Cards option. I think it's odd because at the beginning you have the option to play the Main Game or Money Cards and it would be so much better if you went to the Money Cards when you win rather than have to go all the way back and select it. If I'm not mistaken I think it even remembers your winnings from Main Game and you gamble with your own Main Game winnings not house money. Pretty nice game though!

narzo

« Reply #826 on: April 19, 2022, 04:19:03 PM »
There is a new app for the current version of "Weakest Link" in the apple app store.  As you find with most app takes on game shows, you play each level for points with a banked point goal at each level to move on.  Performing certain tasks on each level will award you a "jewel", when you do thinks like bank the goal in 30 seconds or get a certain number of questions correct in a row.  I'm actually impressed with the questions.  I'm a pop-culture dummy so those kill me, but there's some difficult history, geography, and literature questions thrown in as well.  I will be curious to see how soon questions start to repeat.  The app is add supported (one after each level) but you can pay to remove them if you like (hey, "Lingo", you hearing that idea?")

Also of interest, the creator of this app also has one available in the US for "Small Fortune" (never saw it) and the British show "Very Hard Questions".  I've downloaded them both buy haven't had a chance to sample their content yet.

Bob Zager

« Reply #827 on: April 20, 2022, 01:13:27 PM »
Follow-up to one my earlier posts:

Igloo Books IS planning on releasing a WOF game tin simultaneously along with J! as shown here:

https://www.amazon.com/Wheel-Fortune-Game-Tin-Official/dp/1838528903/ref=sr_1_1?crid=328YJAEX5MC7B&keywords=wheel+of+fortune+igloo+books&qid=1650473762&sprefix=wheel+of+fortune+igloo+books%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-1

Imagination Gaming has some new "Game Box"es available now, some of which I've mentioned before.  But when you click the following link, you can access all SIX products, and see what they are like inside, too:

https://www.amazon.com/Kid-Friendly-Questions-Complementary-Travel-Friendly-Entertainment/dp/B09T4T8P63/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1XRLUIT4AKB63&keywords=family%2Bfeud%2Bkids&qid=1650474287&sprefix=family%2Bfeud%2Bkids%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-6&th=1

You'll notice the new FF games, as well as the J! and PYL games are in English/French.  It looks like the FF questions cards have English on one side and French on the other.

Bob Zager

« Reply #828 on: April 22, 2022, 01:13:48 PM »
As I mentioned last fall, Goliath Games acquired Endless Games.  I'd just seen a digital version of Goliath Games' catalog for 2022.  They will continue to release the J! and WOF cards games (minus the Junior editions), as well as both the regular and "deluxe" editions of Password under the EG brand name.  Of course, Goliath acquired Pressman earlier, and they showed a "6th edition" WOF game, but just pictured it with the updated edition number.  No mention of "40th anniversary," which I thought was going to happen.  They also showed their Are You Normal? game and mentioned in the catalog, "Adapted from the Oprah Winfrey Network game show."

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #829 on: April 22, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »
Of course, Goliath acquired Pressman earlier, and they showed a "6th edition" WOF game, but just pictured it with the updated edition number.  No mention of "40th anniversary," which I thought was going to happen.
Pardon me if I’m wrong here, but have they released an anniversary edition past the silver one 15 years ago? Only asking because Pressman has never really been the type to do that..
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #830 on: April 23, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
That is a good point you mention.  I just kind of thought they might do so, being it marks a milestone of sort.  Pressman itself mentions they've been around "since 1922," rather than get specific in saying this year marks their 100th anniversary!  Not that I feel it's important for Pressman or any other manufacturer to do so, it was just a thought on my part.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #831 on: April 23, 2022, 03:56:07 PM »
Honestly, I'm hoping they do something...anything! Even Family Feud adding the 70s surveys to the 40th Anniversary edition was a nice perk. Watching Pressman release the same game over and over since 1985 with no variation has been kinda blah.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #832 on: April 23, 2022, 08:05:43 PM »
Honestly, I'm hoping they do something...anything! Even Family Feud adding the 70s surveys to the 40th Anniversary edition was a nice perk. Watching Pressman release the same game over and over since 1985 with no variation has been kinda blah.

Aside from the Deluxe edition, Wheel has been relatively uninspiring.

Bob Zager

« Reply #833 on: May 03, 2022, 07:31:17 PM »
Recent reports indicate that a new version of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? for video game consoles will be released later this year (no firm date).

https://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/1219713-are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader-video-game-announced-trailer

Hastin

« Reply #834 on: May 06, 2022, 01:49:51 PM »
I picked up the GameStar+ version of Family Feud from Target for $10 (half-off sale), and it's basically a new version of the old DVD game, but with a website you go to instead of popping in the DVD. In the box is a code that you activate on gamestarplus.com - so basically the box is worthless after you activate the code. No apps yet for Google TV/Samsung - but it worked on my TV's web browser. The videos are really slick and it's very well produced.

Not really seeing this as a "Netflix for games" as they are promising. Felt disappointing that you have the ability to build a full webapp, and it still can't keep score for you.

They do throw in a card game in the box as well, presumably to add some value to the game (and heft to the box).
-Hastin :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2022, 12:24:13 PM »
In one of my earlier posts, I'd mentioned that Pressman toy marks it's 100th anniversary this year.  Slated for a November release is a book about their history:

https://www.abbeville.com/products/a-century-of-american-toys-and-games

This book is being published by Abbeyville Press, which published the excellent Come On Down!!! by Jefferson Graham.

This past weekend, I noticed on the B&N website some additional pics of the J! game tin/book from Igloo Books:

https://prodimage.images-bn.com/lf?set=key%5Bresolve.pixelRatio%5D,value%5B1%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.width%5D,value%5B300%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.height%5D,value%5B10000%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.imageFit%5D,value%5Bcontainerwidth%5D&set=key%5Bresolve.allowImageUpscaling%5D,value%5B0%5D&product=path%5B/pimages/9781838528898_p3_v4%5D&call=url%5Bfile:common/decodeProduct.chain%5D

Bob Zager

« Reply #836 on: June 14, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »
Last week, I acquired on eBay a copy of the Celebrity Name Game box, which I bought out of my curiosity's sake.  It's been six years since it was released in stores, but I'd noticed this was different from what I had.  The first one I'd bought years ago, had the PlayMonster brand name/logo on it, and a card holder with built-in electronic timer, plus scoring chips and sheets. 

What I bought last week, does NOT show the PlayMonster logo, nor (surprisingly) a UPC barcode.  I opened it to find there is no card holder w/timer, and has a scoring track, with two pawns, plus 10 punch-out chips.  Primarily because of no UPC barcode, I wondered if this could be one of many prototype versions, from the 2016 Toy Fair.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #837 on: June 14, 2022, 01:16:06 PM »
Last week, I acquired on eBay a copy of the Celebrity Name Game box, which I bought out of my curiosity's sake.  It's been six years since it was released in stores, but I'd noticed this was different from what I had.  The first one I'd bought years ago, had the PlayMonster brand name/logo on it, and a card holder with built-in electronic timer, plus scoring chips and sheets. 

What I bought last week, does NOT show the PlayMonster logo, nor (surprisingly) a UPC barcode.  I opened it to find there is no card holder w/timer, and has a scoring track, with two pawns, plus 10 punch-out chips.  Primarily because of no UPC barcode, I wondered if this could be one of many prototype versions, from the 2016 Toy Fair.
It sounds like you and I have the same copy. Is the scoring track badly misaligned in yours?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #838 on: June 14, 2022, 02:30:48 PM »
If you have access to a European Nintendo Switch account, The Chase is now available: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/The-Chase-Ultimate-Edition-2224524.html

I talked to Barnstorm Games this week, and they said to expect Tipping Point on Switch to release by year’s end.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Bob Zager

« Reply #839 on: June 14, 2022, 04:34:43 PM »

It sounds like you and I have the same copy. Is the scoring track badly misaligned in yours?

Yeah, it too is misaligned, and I said to myself, why the chips?  Just move your pawn one space (or two for later rounds) for each right identification!