Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376179 times)

curtking

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #780 on: November 29, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »
Looks like Rolling In It will have a home game version:

https://twitter.com/StephenMulhern/status/1465395239292710916?s=20

BrandonFG

« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2021, 03:53:20 PM »
Looks like Rolling In It will have a home game version:

https://twitter.com/StephenMulhern/status/1465395239292710916?s=20
I love that the cover art features Stephen on the set, albeit Photoshopped. One thing I've noticed about current US home games is that the covers are kinda bland*. Just a headshot of the host(ess) and whatever graphics.

*/Generally speaking
//I don't need exceptions to the rule
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #782 on: November 29, 2021, 11:22:36 PM »
It's a fun looking little setup, but the description says batteries are not required, which means you're just getting a sheet of cardboard to roll your plastic coins down for $45+.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Sky-Games-Rolling-Players/dp/B09KVJQWMH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2O4AMSLPHFK4Y&keywords=rolling+in+it&qid=1638245752&sprefix=rolling+in%2Caps%2C298&sr=8-1
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #783 on: November 30, 2021, 02:15:14 AM »
It's a fun looking little setup, but the description says batteries are not required, which means you're just getting a sheet of cardboard to roll your plastic coins down for $45+.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Sky-Games-Rolling-Players/dp/B09KVJQWMH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2O4AMSLPHFK4Y&keywords=rolling+in+it&qid=1638245752&sprefix=rolling+in%2Caps%2C298&sr=8-1
Which is quite a shame, since Tipping Point does have the fully motorized game board. That being said, I would think that including a working conveyor belt for an authentic experience would drive the game's price to the $100 range.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #784 on: November 30, 2021, 04:04:54 PM »
Got my Card Sharks at B&N for $8. Be careful at checkout. The clerk scanned the bar code and it rang up at $24.99. Pointed out the sticker and resolved the issue.

snowpeck

« Reply #785 on: November 30, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »
Got my Card Sharks at B&N for $8. Be careful at checkout. The clerk scanned the bar code and it rang up at $24.99. Pointed out the sticker and resolved the issue.
Yep, same thing happened to me.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2021, 04:07:29 PM »
If you’re looking to have a game night where you play Minute to Win It/Beat The Clock/Double Dare, check out “Beat That”. $24 gets you a bunch of in-box materials and accompanying physical challenge cards, and the $33 combo adds a separate deck of challenge cards that incorporate common household items.

https://www.amazon.com/Beat-That-Bonkers-Battle-Challenges/dp/B07Z5BRRF7
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #788 on: December 08, 2021, 05:48:23 PM »
The new WWTBAM board game is now available at {snip}
Interesting that some photos feature American dollar amounts, while others are for British pounds. Just an observation.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #789 on: December 09, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
Trying to find the 25 Words or Less game with Meredith's picture on the box. That is one hard game to find.

Sodboy13

« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2021, 07:02:58 PM »
$14.99 on Amazon right now, but it is on backorder until after Christmas.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2021, 07:57:15 PM »
Th3 original g@me from Winning Moves should be on eBay.
Travis L. Eberle

WhammyPower

« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »
Trying to find the 25 Words or Less game with Meredith's picture on the box. That is one hard game to find.
My local FLGS has a few for $20 + $12 shipping, if you really want one now.

Bob Zager

« Reply #793 on: December 20, 2021, 06:14:02 PM »
My local Kohls department store had the WWTBAM board game for $36.95, and I was surprised it was NOT on sale, especially this week!  I imagine you can use a coupon for some savings.

With the news in the last couple of weeks about Pictionary getting a "firm-go" and renewal of "25 Words or Less" and "You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno," I've wondered if maybe home versions will come out.  25WOL did release a new board game this year, Pictionary already has a board game, and will probably just put promotional notation on the box next year.  It would be nice to see a board or card game based on YBYL.  This version is the only revival to do so well, that it's been renewed. 

Ginger Fox, which makes the new WWTBAM board/card games, makes British card games based on "The Chase," and "University Challenge," so maybe they will release "The Chase," and "College Bowl," board or card games.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #794 on: December 21, 2021, 03:26:30 AM »
Don’t know if this is the right place for it but don’t wanna start another topic either…

For those of us who have Amazon devices and play the J!6 clues every day, there’s been a slight change. Although the clues were read by Alexa, Alex Trebek’s voice was still featured in some capacity even after his passing. This week, they updated the J!6 skill and Mayim Bialik is now performing those roles.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022