Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376104 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2021, 02:02:19 PM »
Although it's not yet available for purchase at this time, the San Diego Zoo's website is going to have the Family Feud Wildlife edition available soon.  This is the first time the box botton illustration is shown:

https://shopzoo.com/pages/arriving-soon-san-diego-zoo-wildlife-edition-family-feud

Some of you might be interested in investing in Gamestar+.  This website has all kinds of info, as well as videos, you might find interesting.  They show what might be a prototype box cover for Family Feud in the window where you click to see the video presentation, complete with comments from Steve Harvey:

https://wefunder.com/gamestar

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »
Honestly, while I’m always wary of a company who’s the self proclaimed “Netflix of (Blank)”, I think there’s something here. A lot of those DVD games weren’t fully interactive in that the game relied you to tell it what was happening on the real life board/score pad to move forward. I’d consider paying $5 a month to stream the Scene It library along with a bunch of interactive game shows.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »
Honestly, while I’m always wary of a company who’s the self proclaimed “Netflix of (Blank)”, I think there’s something here. A lot of those DVD games weren’t fully interactive in that the game relied you to tell it what was happening on the real life board/score pad to move forward. I’d consider paying $5 a month to stream the Scene It library along with a bunch of interactive game shows.

I'm surprised the Netflix hasn't even ventured out in that direction - licensing notwithstanding.

bwood

« Reply #768 on: November 03, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »
Apparently a Supermarket Sweep game is coming- Buzzr is giving some away in a watch and win promotion…

Was the promo showing actual product image, or just horizontal scrolling message mentioning the upcoming give away?
Appeared to show the front and back of the box (whether actual product or mockup, I couldn't tell you).

EDIT: Here's the promo in question...

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1443984134913892385

The Android Gamestar App has been updated with the Supermarket Sweep game component and they also added something for a Deal or No Deal game. The Supermarket Sweep app contains the alternative theme in the clear as well as the Big Sweep and Super Sweep Music that they use. The actual game is still in the pre-order stage on Amazon and says it releases on November 9th.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #769 on: November 03, 2021, 10:52:51 PM »
Apparently a Supermarket Sweep game is coming- Buzzr is giving some away in a watch and win promotion…

Was the promo showing actual product image, or just horizontal scrolling message mentioning the upcoming give away?
Appeared to show the front and back of the box (whether actual product or mockup, I couldn't tell you).

EDIT: Here's the promo in question...

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1443984134913892385

The Android Gamestar App has been updated with the Supermarket Sweep game component and they also added something for a Deal or No Deal game. The Supermarket Sweep app contains the alternative theme in the clear as well as the Big Sweep and Super Sweep Music that they use. The actual game is still in the pre-order stage on Amazon and says it releases on November 9th.
Can confirm that the iOS version has been updated as well. The Deal or No Deal component is essentially a bank offer calculator.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

« Reply #770 on: November 04, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
Good to note that the Amazon listing for the UK version of the Millionaire board game, also has images of a US board game that's not available on Amazon US yet.

Each question card has a "lifeline" QR code that you can scan. 12-question stack, looks like "Ask the Host" is included as well.
-Hastin :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #771 on: November 16, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »
An online store, fleetfarm.com is showing, "Jumbo Card Game," versions of J!, WOF, PYL and DOND.  Here is the link to PYL:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/press-your-luck-card-game/0000000377813?Ntt=press%20your%20luck

The DOND is listed as "out of stock" at this time.

I also stumbled across these at walmart.ca (Canada):

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/family-feud-kids-game-box-multi/6000203864259

I found the J! and PYL games at my local Go Toy and game store.

You'll notice those have content in both English and French.

WhammyPower

« Reply #772 on: November 16, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »
The DOND one can be found at Walmart also.

Fleet Farm is a store chain in the upper Midwest (mainly MN and WI, and a few in IA, ND and SD).

Bob Zager

« Reply #773 on: November 16, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »
The DOND one can be found at Walmart also.

I meant' to mention that the box art to the one at fleetfarm is different, showing a cell-phone for app use, but that's probably all it is.  The exact same contents, I'll bet!

Sodboy13

« Reply #774 on: November 22, 2021, 11:42:33 PM »
If you feel like trying your luck, Target has Plinko at a Black Friday/clearance price of $14.24. (I recently scored the Goodwill find of a lifetime with a working board for $1.99.)

I know someone on here used half-dollar coins instead of the included chips. I found something that works even better: 30 mm stainless steel stamping blanks. They're a bit lighter and smaller, so they have a little more bounce and unpredictability to them. And their size means using 1" round stickers to decorate them gives you that nice Plinko chip look with a shiny metal edge. I got a 10-pack on Amazon for $8.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Sodboy13

« Reply #775 on: November 27, 2021, 07:12:19 PM »
Card Sharks has migrated out of the games section and into the discount racks at Barnes & Noble. $10.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #776 on: November 28, 2021, 11:13:04 AM »
Family Feud for the Switch/PS4/XBox One is $14.99 at Best Buy, at least at the time of posting.  The Switch version moves a little slow for my taste i.e. you can't skip through dialogue.  Otherwise, it's not bad for the price.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #777 on: November 28, 2021, 12:32:55 PM »
Family Feud for the Switch/PS4/XBox One is $14.99 at Best Buy, at least at the time of posting.  The Switch version moves a little slow for my taste i.e. you can't skip through dialogue.  Otherwise, it's not bad for the price.
I have the Xbox One version- we cannot skip either.

snowpeck

« Reply #778 on: November 28, 2021, 04:09:09 PM »
Card Sharks has migrated out of the games section and into the discount racks at Barnes & Noble. $10.
Still full price here.

EDIT: One location was full price, the other had it for $9, so I scooped one up for that price.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:29:14 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BillCullen1

« Reply #779 on: November 28, 2021, 05:32:09 PM »

For that price I'll add it to my Christmas list. It's probably an indication that the show itself is done.