Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376446 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2020, 09:21:17 PM »
Pressman and Kohl's are doing it again, this time with the new Wheel of Fortune 5th edition board game.  Like they did the last three holiday seasons, they've added 50 more puzzles to this version  and the price I saw was a reasonable $19.99.   Past years it was a lot more!

Bob Zager

« Reply #691 on: November 07, 2020, 09:57:36 PM »
Today, while in my local Dollar Tree store, I'd seen from Spin Master Games a Deal or No Deal Card Game and Family Feud Survey Showdown Card Game, selling for $1 each.  The DOND card game is like the "Jumbo" card game I'd seen earlier at Walmart, only smaller in size, while the FF card game is much like the earlier versions, with only 49 question cards, but same "strikeout" format. 

Sodboy13

« Reply #692 on: November 08, 2020, 09:25:56 PM »
Well, here's something unique if you're handy with a scissors: Endless has posted a PDF of the poker chips for Card Sharks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 09:54:26 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #693 on: November 08, 2020, 09:44:02 PM »
That link turned up a 404 for me, but here it is again.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #694 on: November 12, 2020, 03:18:22 AM »
When I mentioned that I saw the new Plinko game at Target a short while back--which was new news to me, at least--someone here replied that it was already covered here earlier and that there were flaws in it.  With 47 pages here I don't have time to try and hunt that part of the thread down so could you please tell me what is so bad about the home Plinko game?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #695 on: November 12, 2020, 03:55:49 AM »
Depending on the luck of the draw in manufacturing, one's Plinko board could be seamless, OR, have a big gap that causes chips to fly off the board. The one I bought was minorly flawed in that way, but easily remedied by putting card stock behind the arm that holds up the board. I just kept putting in tiny pieces of index card until the two halves were even, and chips stopped flying off the board.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Bryce L.

« Reply #696 on: November 12, 2020, 03:57:15 AM »
When I mentioned that I saw the new Plinko game at Target a short while back--which was new news to me, at least--someone here replied that it was already covered here earlier and that there were flaws in it.  With 47 pages here I don't have time to try and hunt that part of the thread down so could you please tell me what is so bad about the home Plinko game?
Basically, the board is in two pieces, and they don't line up correctly, and that makes the chips fly off the board and onto the table.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #697 on: November 12, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »

You know what...if every other member has had the "Time" to look for old threads and answers about a HOBBY- so do you. You are just as grown as everyone else on the board and you know how to use a search bar. Enough with the excuses.
insert signature here

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #698 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:18 PM »

You know what...if every other member has had the "Time" to look for old threads and answers about a HOBBY- so do you. You are just as grown as everyone else on the board and you know how to use a search bar. Enough with the excuses.
I highly recommend using the search bar up top and filtering your results so that it only shows replies from this thread. It only takes a few seconds and will save you from replies like the one above.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

« Reply #699 on: November 15, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
There's a new Family Feud 2021 game out for Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PS4 - and it's rather good!

Developed by Snap Finger Click (many former team members of the Buzz games for PlayStation) and published by Ubisoft, this is the general polish I've been looking for in a game show game. All the board graphics and typefaces are correct, there's an attention to detail, and the host (a fictional Lucky McCoy) has fully recorded dialog including all game questions and answers and will even add in personal quips for some surveys. Developer is working on a patch to round out a couple of graphics issues, but I'm extremely impressed. There's even a "live stream" mode where you can have your streaming audience guess with you, or you can fill in your own surveys that people respond to on chat.

Here's a video from a Developer Stream of the game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/800749084

-Hastin :)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #700 on: January 02, 2021, 09:25:52 PM »
Has anyone tried out the play test version of Jeopardy yet?

Hastin

« Reply #701 on: January 05, 2021, 03:07:42 PM »
Has anyone tried out the play test version of Jeopardy yet?

It's impressive from a tech perspective. Think something like a Jackbox game, but using real Jeopardy! episodes. It's been out for a while for Android TV and Apple TV, but it seems it's made the jump to Consoles and Windows Store with plenty of episodes included for the $25 asking price (the Xbox/Windows version is a "Play Anywhere" app so you can play it on both for the same price). Good to note that if a clue doesn't get revealed in the game, it doesn't get revealed in PlayShow - it only uses the answers from the full episode.

However, the broken timers and poor text to speech really ruin the experience. The awful text-to-speech means that you can't really say the answer, and the timers are too short to type the full answers (plus the answer recognition doesn't have a built in thesaurus, so many answers that are correct get marked as wrong).

I know they have added some S1 and S2 episodes that I need to try out, but the DLC is a little spendy.
-Hastin :)

Vgmastr

« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2021, 07:42:44 PM »
Is it something you can play over Zoom or does everyone need to be in the same room?  We've played so much Jackbox during COVID it's getting a bit old, I've been looking for a similar game where only one person needs to own it.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #703 on: January 27, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
We're moving out of state and unloading some stuff on eBay. Included are the following gs home versions:

Concentration (1st ed.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274661205348

Seven Keys
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274661252536

Double Exposure (very rare)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274661255285

Joker! Joker!! Joker!!!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274661266804

Bob Zager

« Reply #704 on: February 11, 2021, 01:20:24 PM »
Usually the month of February is the time for the annual New York Toy Fair.  Originally, it was announced it would be delayed until May, but early in January it was announced as being cancelled!

Sometimes, some game show games are released unannounced.  There could be some this year, including the yet-to-come versions of Family Feud.  Endless Games website is now showing an "insert," of new products, which doesn't have GS related stuff, but new jigsaw puzzles, and other games.

I hope there will finally be a home version of "The Wall," here in the U.S., and maybe a new version of "25 Words or Less,"  and maybe even "The Chase."  It would also be nice to see "Jeopardy!" updated with new material.