Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376124 times)

nowhammies10

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #645 on: September 10, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »
The puzzle board from the Tyco '92 game got it right, better than Pressman's IMO. Used letter board right there on the board (as opposed to flipping through the manual and looking up how many R's are in Puzzle #62), and there's something much more satisfying about the flappy piece of plastic to reveal the letters on the board itself.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #646 on: September 10, 2020, 02:05:24 PM »
It's just wild to me that these have basically been the same since the 80s, short of the smaller puzzle board.
You'd think they'd at the very least stop including "Free Play" tokens.

And is it just me, or is $50 / $100 / $200 / $400 / $1000 bills when everything is either $3500 or $500-900 an incredibly bad system?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #647 on: September 10, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »
I mean, you need $50's regardless of what you do
This signature is currently under construction.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #648 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »
For the first time, I've seen a listing for such a products at LTD Commodities:

https://www.ltdcommodities.com/images/product/92541_1325311_WEZ_zm.jpg

This might just be a promotional prototype box, so don't be surprised one way or the other.

Yeah, looks like they just took the 4th edition photo and slapped a "5th" on only the box, as the manual still says "4th Edition".

It's just wild to me that these have basically been the same since the 80s, short of the smaller puzzle board.

Wow, even the same play money. I wonder if those have been in print longer than Milton Bradley Bucks were.

How long has the wheel in those editions not had a $5,000 space?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

nowhammies10

« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2020, 10:12:42 PM »
Also when did they finally switch from a crayon to a dry-erase marker for the ULB?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #650 on: September 14, 2020, 02:47:46 PM »
Beat That! Is a game that comes with a bunch of every day items and 160 different physical challenges with said items. If you’re looking for a stand in for Double Dare/Beat The Clock/ Minute to Win It, this looks to be it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z5BRRF7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_CN7xFbVPC6E0S
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #651 on: September 22, 2020, 09:26:19 AM »
EG's new Card Sharks game is now showing at amazon.com, for $24.99:

https://www.amazon.com/Card-Sharks-Game-Official-Survey/dp/B07R1W9P9J/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=card+sharks+endless+games&qid=1600780862&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUjJGTzRLTkM2S0IxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODI2NDkxMllDNkdVQk0xVDZEUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjA1NDkyMTRBNzg4TU8xRUhVSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

There is a short fifteen second promo video which I wouldn't be surprised if it airs during the show, premiering in October.

BTW, a very reputable source told me that the show has been updated and will play just like the box game!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #652 on: September 22, 2020, 02:42:55 PM »
Something that caught my eye in the Amazon page for the Card Sharks game--Manufacturer Minimum Age:  168.  I hope I'll get thorough enjoyment of this game when, per Endless Games, I'll be old enough to play it in the 2140s.

Sodboy13

« Reply #653 on: September 22, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
BTW, a very reputable source told me that the show has been updated and will play just like the box game!
It's shown quickly in on-air promos that yes, the front game is now 7 cards. Looks like they kept the same framework from last season and just spaced out the individual cards a bit.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2020, 07:54:28 PM »
Yesterday, I saw the Family Feud Blockbuster Movie edition game for $19.97 at Walmart.  No signs of any of the other editions, nor the PYL board game. 

Today, I'd seen for the first time in any store (B&N here), the Half Truth game from Richard Garfield & Ken Jennings.  Looks like fun!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #655 on: September 29, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »
It’s very fun indeed.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #656 on: September 29, 2020, 11:35:03 PM »
Today, I'd seen for the first time in any store (B&N here), the Half Truth game from Richard Garfield & Ken Jennings.  Looks like fun!

I saw that game at a B&N here in NYC and made an impulse buy. Looking forward to playing it some post-Covid day.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #657 on: September 30, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
On Jeopardy's website, they're now promoting a subscription-based customizable Jeopardy (presumably replacing the Classroom Jeopardy kit). It allows for customizable games, as various pictures show different numbers of categories and clues.

The cost? $1500. Per year.

https://thetrainingarcade.com/jeopardy-training-game/
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #658 on: September 30, 2020, 06:27:25 PM »
The cost? $1500. Per year.
While software-as-service is BS, I could almost justify the price if there wasn't a pandemic on.

/Almost
This signature is currently under construction.

RyanCDN

« Reply #659 on: September 30, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »
Outside of the deluxe versions of Wheel, I wonder what the cost differential would be to provide more than one wheel for different rounds, or a spinner on a clear plastic sheet/base so to speak that could overlay different round wheel configurations.  I mean, does then mass public care about the wheel layouts or just the game show enthusiasts?
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”