Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376352 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2020, 06:01:12 PM »
And who can forget that classic pricing game, A Digit Missing?

AKA (officially) "Pick-A-Number!"

BTW my local Target store had the game selling at $39.99.

JakeT

« Reply #586 on: July 23, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
Buffalo Games now has a page dedicated to their Plinko game, "coming soon."

https://buffalogames.com/plinko/

You can also download the instructions to the game!

I must admit that since I see it includes "authentic lights and sounds", I am tempted to buy it...

JakeT

Sodboy13

« Reply #587 on: July 24, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
BTW my local Target store had the game selling at $39.99.

Whoa, already? I was in Target yesterday and didn't see it. It's not on their site, either.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2020, 12:54:42 AM »
Don't buy the Plinko game.

Just got back from Target. Here's the thing. The box shows a single, solid piece for the Plinko board. It's actually two halves held together with wingnuts, which means there's a split running the entire length of board.

So this happens more often than it doesn't.

EDIT: At least one friend has one that ended up being fine out of the box, but this is, what, a centimeter off due to warping? And it's enough to render the whole game unusable. Even if you end up buying a copy with no problems out of the box, you're going to have to handle it like to museum piece to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:01:56 AM by Adam Nedeff »

Sodboy13

« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2020, 01:08:17 AM »
Oh, that's disappointing. I knew it was two pieces from seeing the demo and reading the instructions, but didn't think it would cause a problem. Maybe manufacturing quality took a dip when they mass produced it.

Demo video on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8_li1Xh3fv/?igshid=2ixd71cej2cm
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

Bob Zager

« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
Looks like it's homestretch time--EG's webpage is now saying that their new Card Sharks box game is "currently shipping to stores!"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:40:17 AM by Bob Zager »

JakeT

« Reply #591 on: July 25, 2020, 08:29:09 PM »
Oh, that's disappointing. I knew it was two pieces from seeing the demo and reading the instructions, but didn't think it would cause a problem. Maybe manufacturing quality took a dip when they mass produced it.

Demo video on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8_li1Xh3fv/?igshid=2ixd71cej2cm

That's what they call "authentic lights and sounds"?  YIKES!

JakeT

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #592 on: July 26, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
I mean, the sound of the plinko chips coming down is pretty close...
insert signature here

SamPrainito

« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2020, 12:41:43 AM »
Found the Plinko game at my local Target tonight.

After the reviews I’ve seen, I had my reservations, but not a bad product for $40.

The trick is to make sure it’s at the proper angle for the chips to drop all the way down without rolling out or falling out.

As long as you do that, and make sure both pieces of the board are flush, you should be fine.

It’s a neat little item.  Always nice to have another TPIR collectable.

I might even drag it to the bar where I host trivia!

JepMasta

« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2020, 12:50:05 AM »
If anybody sees the card sharks game at one of their local stores, could you let me know?

Bob Zager

« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2020, 07:46:23 PM »
If anybody sees the card sharks game at one of their local stores, could you let me know?

I haven't seen it anywhere, yet; however while I was in Target today, it looked like a new counter setup was done, and there WASN'T a spot for "Card Sharks," so no sense checking Target stores.

However, I saw one copy of a game based on TRU's "Impractical Jokers," which wikipedia describes as a "reality game show."

https://www.target.com/p/impractical-jokers-box-of-challenges-game/-/A-79396376

There is also an "Ultimate Challenge Pack" game available exclusively at amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Wilder-Toys-Impractical-Jokers-Challenge/dp/B084KGJ5VK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=impractical+jokers+game&qid=1595979461&sr=8-1

Sodboy13

« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2020, 12:06:59 PM »
If you use the Target app, there's currently an offer for 10% off games. Stack the 5% off for using your Redcard, and it brings Plinko down to $34.20.

And returns are very easy.

Neumms

« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »
However, I saw one copy of a game based on TRU's "Impractical Jokers," which wikipedia describes as a "reality game show."

It's not accurate unless it captures the annoying and incessant laughing at each other regardless of how funny the stunt is.

Neumms

« Reply #598 on: July 31, 2020, 06:46:50 PM »
The trick is to make sure it’s at the proper angle for the chips to drop all the way down without rolling out or falling out.

I might even drag it to the bar where I host trivia!

Did they make it easy to adjust the angle? Will you make the bar version into Art James' Pot O'Gold?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2020, 06:50:18 PM »
I just bought a Plinko. To fix the gap, I put a little something between the offending half of the board -- in my case the bottom -- and the brace at the back. At the suggestion of a friend, I chose an index card cut small enough to fit, and folded it until it was just the right thickness. Presto! The two halves are more seamless, and there's been no more flyouts since.

Also, unauthorized use: if you have any half-dollar coins around, they work very well as chips. The included chips are a good deal heavier than that, and travel pretty fast. Half dollars are about the same diameter, but without the added weight, they achieve more of that fun pause-and-bounce the chips on TV do.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck