Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376369 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #570 on: July 08, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »
Even at $1 a pop, I wouldn't mind picking up a few stacks. My g/f has brought out the Feud card game for a few game nights, and they're always a lot of fun.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »
Aldi is selling a 6-pack of wooden lawn dice for $12.99.  Each die is 3.5" (roughly High Rollers size) and has some heft to it.  These might be fun project dice, filling in the pips with wood putty, then customizing them.

Note these aren't at all Aldis.  The store a mile away didn't have them, but a location 15 minutes away had about 8 sets.

tvmitch

« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2020, 11:49:32 AM »
Aldi is selling a 6-pack of wooden lawn dice for $12.99.  Each die is 3.5" (roughly High Rollers size) and has some heft to it.  These might be fun project dice, filling in the pips with wood putty, then customizing them.

Note these aren't at all Aldis.  The store a mile away didn't have them, but a location 15 minutes away had about 8 sets.
I have seen something like this at Kohl's on the seasonal summer displays, but haven't taken a close-enough look to see size, materials, etc. I saw that the box said LAWN DICE.
You should follow me on Twitter

tvmitch

« Reply #573 on: July 11, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
At the entrance to my local Target, in the "spot" area where they have dollar items, I found a handful of buzzers. They are being marketed as a tool for teachers. There were all white buzzers, as well as familiar red buzzers with a black base. I bought one for fun ($3). They make a low buzz sound and that's it. A nice prop if you need a few cheap buzzers for a game. I cannot find them on the Target website.
You should follow me on Twitter

BrandonFG

« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2020, 10:29:14 PM »
At the entrance to my local Target, in the "spot" area where they have dollar items, I found a handful of buzzers. They are being marketed as a tool for teachers. There were all white buzzers, as well as familiar red buzzers with a black base. I bought one for fun ($3). They make a low buzz sound and that's it. A nice prop if you need a few cheap buzzers for a game. I cannot find them on the Target website.
The “Family Feud” card game has become very popular during my game nights. I’ll have to hit up Target this week. Thanks!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JakeT

« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2020, 10:32:53 PM »
If you're in the market for an original Now You See It home game, here's one that's never been opened for, uh, 90 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283879653567

I've always wondered why MB printed photos of game contents on the bottom of the boxes on only a few particular games and not others...

JakeT

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #576 on: July 20, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »
I've always wondered why MB printed photos of game contents on the bottom of the boxes on only a few particular games and not others...

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #577 on: July 20, 2020, 06:46:04 PM »
Buffalo Games now has a page dedicated to their Plinko game, "coming soon."

https://buffalogames.com/plinko/

You can also download the instructions to the game!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #578 on: July 20, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
You can also download the instructions to the game!
The guidelines on "winning the game" made me lol

I can't say I haven't looked at both this and the Skee-ball game harder than I should.
This signature is currently under construction.

Sodboy13

« Reply #579 on: July 20, 2020, 09:49:46 PM »
The qualifying game they include is incredibly slight and low on content, but OMG WHO CARES GIMME THAT BOARD.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »
Low on content? With four players and even if the cards are double sided, that's a whopping 5 games worth of content.

That said, they know the target audience doesn't care, so I can't blame them for not putting in the work.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

« Reply #581 on: July 22, 2020, 08:53:18 PM »

FWIW, if you can't find the dice at Aldi and you're in the greater Midwest (like myself), Menards has similar/the same dice on sale for $14.99 (despite my local store having a shelf tag of $17.99), plus the 11% rebate through the end of this week, bringing the price to just 35 cents more than Aldi's.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #582 on: July 22, 2020, 10:03:52 PM »

FWIW, if you can't find the dice at Aldi and you're in the greater Midwest (like myself), Menards has similar/the same dice on sale for $14.99 (despite my local store having a shelf tag of $17.99), plus the 11% rebate through the end of this week, bringing the price to just 35 cents more than Aldi's.

Just an observation- do giant dice come up in this thread more than any other item? I'm thinking they do, with Family Feud variants a close second.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #583 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
Dice are fun. @ me.
Travis L. Eberle

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #584 on: July 23, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
Low on content? With four players and even if the cards are double sided, that's a whopping 5 games worth of content.

That said, they know the target audience doesn't care, so I can't blame them for not putting in the work.
And who can forget that classic pricing game, A Digit Missing?