Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376163 times)

aaron sica

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 15, 2019, 06:46:13 AM »
Well, you could give your Match Game panel (or contestants for whatever game you've put together) light-up namebars.

I have full faith that someone in here would be able to re-configure it so it would accept an index card, and only light up when one is inserted. :P

Bob Zager

« Reply #511 on: October 15, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »
While shopping in my area Kohl's store, I found the Junior edition Jeopardy! Card Game (Reg. $6.99, Sale $6.29). 

However, a more ridiculously priced $100,000 Pyramid Game (Reg. $45.00, Sale $32.99!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #512 on: October 15, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
However, a more ridiculously priced $100,000 Pyramid Game (Reg. $45.00, Sale $32.99!)
The one that only lets you play about a half-dozen games? Hard pass.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #513 on: October 15, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »
Match-O-Rama looks to be the home game version of It's Anybody's Guess that nobody thought they needed.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #514 on: October 15, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »
While shopping in my area Kohl's store, I found the Junior edition Jeopardy! Card Game (Reg. $6.99, Sale $6.29). 

So when you get your 30% off monthly coupon from Kohl's, it goes down to $24.09, basically the same as the actual going gouge rate of $25.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #515 on: October 15, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
I have full faith that someone in here would be able to re-configure it so it would accept an index card, and only light up when one is inserted. :P
Electronically it's not even a little bit difficult. Wire, two pieces of metal, momentary switch. The part where it gets a little bit funky (not very, but a little bit) is having the light stay on when you pull the card out until it needs to be turned off for a wrong answer.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bwood

« Reply #516 on: November 01, 2019, 02:00:33 AM »
I forgot to mention a few weeks ago that I received a reply from Pressman/Goliath regarding the 100k Pyramid Home Game debacle:

"Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on our new $100,000 Pyramid game. I have already passed your very helpful comments and suggestions on to our Product Development team.

We are continuing to work with the show writers to add content to this game. We will be happy to send you those additional cards when they become available. Please be sure to forward us your address, and we will send them once completed.

Again, thank you for your feedback!"

I replied stating that I promptly returned the game.....

Bob Zager

« Reply #517 on: November 02, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
The new Pyramid game is not the first disappointing design from Pressman, at least when it comes to home versions of game shows.

Just three years ago, not only were there many complaints from customers ordering a "4th" edition WOF game and receiving the "3rd," but when the "4th" was finally available, the puzzle cards did not properly line up with the puzzle board grid.

Also, when Pressman released "Simpsons Jeopardy!," They erred in the printing of the cardboard slides covering the answers on game board.  They printed a money amount on at least one of the specially shaped slides used for a Daily Double, and vice versa!

SamJ93

« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2019, 01:37:12 PM »
If Mr. Zager or anyone else with some inside info could shed some light on this situation, I would appreciate it...

Given that 25 Words Or Less seems to be getting somewhat decent ratings, I was really surprised to see that the original board game has been out of print for some time now--used copies on Ebay are regularly selling for upwards of $70. It would seem rather strange to not re-release the game as a tie-in to the show...have you heard of any plans to do so?
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Bob Zager

« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
All I can say, at this point, is that I emailed Winning Moves, the company which made the original game, asking if they might bring out a new version based on the show.  I've never heard back from anybody.

Usually, the annual Toy Fair in New York, which occurs every February, has presented prototypes and potential release dates for all kinds of games, including the ones focused on in this board topic.  Don't be surprised if any new ones pop up at the 2020 Fair in February.  Also don't be surprised if some are shown, but don't get released; as well as some unannounced products year after year.

BTW, if anybody is a loyal watcher of America Says, has there been any sighting about the reported board game mentioned in an earlier post?  Maybe even any promos during an actual show broadcast?

Bob Zager

« Reply #520 on: November 15, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »
I just saw on amazon.com a new box game version of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader from Hasbro.  Here is a link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Smarter-Than-Grader-Board-Game/dp/B07W2ZRSWK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=are+you+smarter+than+a+5th+grader+hasbro&qid=1573848677&sr=8-3

While on the subject, I would not be surprised if there is indeed a box game based on America Says, it will be from Hasbro, since Hasbro recently acquired the eOne production company.

Also, now that 25 Words or Less (the gameshow) has been renewed for a second season, maybe there will be a new box game in the future.

Bob Zager

« Reply #521 on: November 26, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »
Although not based on a game show at all, buzzerblog.com referenced this game for those who love daytime television viewing:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+maury+game&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I seem to recall Mattel was almost going to release a home version of the Maury hosted Twenty One (yes, the show title was  not hyphenated) at one time.

curtking

« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »
Apologies if someone's mentioned this before, but Barnstorm Games has released a Blockbusters app:

https://www.barnstormgames.com/blockbusters-out-now/

Available for iOS, Android, and on the Amazon Appstore.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »
Apologies if someone's mentioned this before, but Barnstorm Games has released a Blockbusters app:

https://www.barnstormgames.com/blockbusters-out-now/

Available for iOS, Android, and on the Amazon Appstore.

...not.

(In the USA at least. :( )
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2019, 12:24:54 PM »
At Target, there is a card game based on the TBS show The Misery Index.

Unrelated to this but related to an earlier post, Amazon says my copy if The Maury Game will arrive tomorrow.  (Before anyone asks, it's for my podcast.  Link in my sig.)  I can review it, if anybody really wants to know how bad it is.