Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376116 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2019, 04:33:32 PM »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JakeT

« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »
Anyone else take issue with the phrasing of "HOME EDITION with Michael Strahan"?

No.

And you wouldn't simply because I was the one who asked...

JakeT

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »
That strictly depends on how strongly you feel about package designs for toaster pastries.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »

Your error there is to assume I hold you in high enough import to let that affect my answer.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
Just got back from Barnes and Noble. Endless Games went really cheap on their last three Password games, and the Cardinal version was ghastly, but I just can't resist a Password game and...I'm actually pretty impressed. The word holders are attractive vinyl again. The scoring pads are HUGE--I think the biggest ones that a Password game has ever had. And the scoring dial is printed on really thick cardboard and designed to stand, like the old Milton-Bradley dials. 

I saw a deluxe edition of Password at B&N. Comes in a blue box and has 2,000 words, which is 500 more than the regular edition. Endless Games is the publisher.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2019, 12:38:46 PM »
Just got back from Barnes and Noble. Endless Games went really cheap on their last three Password games, and the Cardinal version was ghastly, but I just can't resist a Password game and...I'm actually pretty impressed. The word holders are attractive vinyl again. The scoring pads are HUGE--I think the biggest ones that a Password game has ever had. And the scoring dial is printed on really thick cardboard and designed to stand, like the old Milton-Bradley dials. 

I saw a deluxe edition of Password at B&N. Comes in a blue box and has 2,000 words, which is 500 more than the regular edition. Endless Games is the publisher.

Please describe the thought process that went into typing that as a response to my post.

BillCullen1

« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »
Please describe the thought process that went into typing that as a response to my post.

I was merely trying to add something to your post that was not previously mentioned. I don't believe I've done anything wrong except possibly offending someone's delicate feelings.

chrisholland03

« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2019, 03:00:08 PM »

Did you know that the boxes are made of containerboard?  Containerboard is brown and frequently referred to incorrectly as 'cardboard'.  Producers of containerboard include companies such as International Paper, Smurfit, and Georgia Pacific. 

I am merely trying to add something that was not previously mentioned. I don't believe I've done anything wrong except possibly offering something to someone's regularly scheduled bowel movement with an additional source of fiber content.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
Barnes & Noble dates back to the 19th century, when it was known as Hinds & Noble.

I am merely trying to add something that was not previously mentioned. I don't believe I've done anything wrong.  Period.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

bwood

« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »
Got my Pyramid game from Amazon.
First of all, I would like to note the game board is made well. It is plastic with a cardboard piece you put on it for the background which looks like the set pieces around the Winners Circle. Same concept as the old puzzle boards in the WoF games. The pages of content slide into the side.
The description posted here, unfortunately, is correct. 10 Main Games and 10 Winners Circles. Basically 5 true, tv-style games of Pyramid and you're done. That is the major flaw.
Another minor flaw is when you load the board, all of the answers are exposed on the back. That means you need all-time-givers and receivers for each full front game round. I suppose you could get some small post it notes and cover up the back of each "trilon" if you want to alternate for the true experience.
Overall a good effort but not worth $25. That's a bummer because it had potential. Worth maybe $15 max. The board is nice though. Maybe you can adapt material from other Pyramid games and make a template for the new style board to get new material once it runs out but you shouldn't have to do that for the price.
There is an email address for comments in the instruction manual to send your feedback. I appreciate that they made this but it is half baked. They could have simply ripped more material from the show and it could made it more worth the price point.

JakeT

« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »
Did you know that the boxes are made of containerboard?  Containerboard is brown and frequently referred to incorrectly as 'cardboard'.  Producers of containerboard include companies such as International Paper, Smurfit, and Georgia Pacific. 

I am merely trying to add something that was not previously mentioned. I don't believe I've done anything wrong except possibly offering something to someone's regularly scheduled bowel movement with an additional source of fiber content.

And both containerboard and cardboard are indeed excellent sources of fiber, albeit a bit bland...

JakeT

Hastin

« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:33 PM »
Here's an imgur of the contents:

https://imgur.com/a/DbR56VC

I sent it back already, and emailed their feedback email address. $25 or even $15 isn't worth only 10 games. No sliding doors at all? Also, some of the categories are direct lifts from season 1 and 2, so if you remember them at all - you're spoiled already.
-Hastin :)

JakeT

« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »
They'd have to go to great effort to make it any more pathetic...what a waste...

JakeT

bwood

« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »
After looking at it more in depth and showing my fiancee, I am also sending mine back to Amazon. I took it out earlier after work just to give it a once over, first impression.
$25 is just way too much for what this is. $10 and I would have reconsidered. There is nothing here to play. Some more material and I would have thought twice. I am going to drop them a line as well. We were pretty excited about it, as we played the Endless version many times early on in our relationship, but this is sad.

The email address is:

custserv@pressman-toy.com
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:13:56 PM by bwood »

Sodboy13

« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »
It looks pretty, but jeez, they could have opted for black-and-white game cards instead of full-color ones, and they would have been able to put a lot more game in the box for the same price point. $25 for two hours of gameplay is absurd.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation