Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376355 times)

snowpeck

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #450 on: September 03, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »
I also found out B&N will be carrying another surprise, but doesn't have any yet.  Here, however you can order a copy from amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/100-000-Pyramid-Game/dp/B07NGM7TW2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=pressman+pyramid&qid=1567555330&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Anyone else take issue with the phrasing of "HOME EDITION with Michael Strahan"?

JakeT

The descriptions I've found of the game have been very vague, but it seems to have some sort of computer element involving Strahan rather than being a straight box game. Has anyone found anything more detailed?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #451 on: September 03, 2019, 11:31:47 PM »
I also found out B&N will be carrying another surprise, but doesn't have any yet.  Here, however you can order a copy from amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/100-000-Pyramid-Game/dp/B07NGM7TW2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=pressman+pyramid&qid=1567555330&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Anyone else take issue with the phrasing of "HOME EDITION with Michael Strahan"?

JakeT

The descriptions I've found of the game have been very vague, but it seems to have some sort of computer element involving Strahan rather than being a straight box game. Has anyone found anything more detailed?
This might explain the "Game includes new puzzles and sets from the show" bullet point from the Amazon description. That left me scratching my head, and I figured it's a computer/DVD/video game.

{Photographer rant}The HOME EDITION didn't really throw me off, but I'm cringing at Michael's lapel covering part of his collar, as well as his watch sticking out so much. I get that he's leaning on something, and I've missed little details myself on shoots, but for a picture gracing the cover of a home game, someone prolly should've caught the lapel. That's just the photographer in me Monday Morning QB'g, so carry on.{/Photog rant}
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #452 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:39 AM »
Might be that the product descriptions are a bit confused, too. Blain's Farm & Fleet has it listed on their site, but the product description is clearly from the old $1M Pyramid DVD game.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »
Just got back from Barnes and Noble. Endless Games went really cheap on their last three Password games, and the Cardinal version was ghastly, but I just can't resist a Password game and...I'm actually pretty impressed. The word holders are attractive vinyl again. The scoring pads are HUGE--I think the biggest ones that a Password game has ever had. And the scoring dial is printed on really thick cardboard and designed to stand, like the old Milton-Bradley dials. My only real knock on the game is one that applies to many of the Password home versions--for what you're actually buying, it's a box of air. But it's just nice to see a company getting back on track with a game that's been bungled in its last few efforts. I'm actually writing a note to the company to thank them.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #454 on: September 04, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »

No.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #455 on: September 04, 2019, 08:33:01 PM »
This might explain the "Game includes new puzzles and sets from the show" bullet point from the Amazon description. That left me scratching my head, and I figured it's a computer/DVD/video game.

{Photographer rant}The HOME EDITION didn't really throw me off, but I'm cringing at Michael's lapel covering part of his collar, as well as his watch sticking out so much. I get that he's leaning on something, and I've missed little details myself on shoots, but for a picture gracing the cover of a home game, someone prolly should've caught the lapel. That's just the photographer in me Monday Morning QB'g, so carry on.{/Photog rant}

If you read the additional info at amazon.com, it says: "The beloved game show is back and ready to entertain a whole new generation! Grab your teammate and listen closely to the clues to choose the right word to get to the final round for big money! Includes a game pyramid and dozens of puzzles from the show As well as puzzles unique to the game. For 2-6 players, ages 10 and up."

pacdude

« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2019, 08:36:29 AM »
I pinged my contact at Pressman and received these details:

$100,000 Pyramid Game
The beloved game show is back and ready to entertain a whole new generation! Grab your teammate and listen closely to the clues to choose the right word to get to the final round for big money! Includes a game pyramid and dozens of puzzles from the show as well as puzzles unique to the game. For 2-6 players, ages 10 and up.

Bullet Points
  • The beloved game show is back, and ready to entertain a whole new generation!
  • Hosted by Michael Strahan, and based on the classic game show
  • Game includes a game pyramid as well as dozens of puzzles from the show and unique to the game
  • Grab your teammate and listen closely to the clues to choose the right word to get to the final round for big money!
  • For 2-6 players, ages 10 and up

Contents
1 Plastic Puzzle Pyramid
2 Plastic Stands
1 30 Second Sand Timer
1 Set Background
10 Main Game Puzzle Cards
10 Winner's Circle Puzzle Cards
Complete Instructions

I am *not* optimistic this is worth 25 bucks.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2019, 08:53:31 AM »
but is it ready to entertain a whole new generation? That’s not clear.
@lambertman

BillCullen1

« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2019, 10:09:27 AM »
but is it ready to entertain a whole new generation? That’s not clear.

Time to play that new game . . . Ask a Millennial. :)

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #459 on: September 05, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »
Millennial here.

No, it is not.

Sodboy13

« Reply #460 on: September 05, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »
10 rounds of play is acceptable for a $6 card game. Yeesh. The pieces sound similar to the old Cardinal and Endless home games, but I think those each had about 50 rounds of play in them.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

SamJ93

« Reply #461 on: September 05, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »
I'm trying to remain optimistic that maybe 10 was just a typo, or that each card somehow has more than one game on it. But given the quality (or total lack thereof) of Pressman's most recent WoF box game...it's not easy.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #462 on: September 05, 2019, 12:33:40 PM »
I was gonna assume the cards were two-sided, but even then the benchmark is 25 games worth of content, and this still doesn't meet it. Pass.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »
Well, I ordered it yesterday and have it coming from Amazon.

I'll post a full thing tomorrow - if it's craptacular, I'll send it back.
-Hastin :)

BillCullen1

« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »
The Barnes & Noble site has a pic of the Pyramid cover in the "Games & Collectibles" section.