Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376123 times)

curtking

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »
First things first, get yourself a UK iTunes Card....
Virtual hug to you, man.  This worked for me.  It was nice to get a recommendation on a site to buy the cards - there are so many, but this one seems to be really good.

I think my attempts at buying before have snarled when Apple asked for a UK address - but bypassing the payment section altogether made the difference.

Thanks,
Curt

JohnTheGameMan

« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:21 PM »
Virtual hug to you, man.  This worked for me.  It was nice to get a recommendation on a site to buy the cards - there are so many, but this one seems to be really good.

I think my attempts at buying before have snarled when Apple asked for a UK address - but bypassing the payment section altogether made the difference.

I did get my codes, but now my problem is how do I bypass the payment section.  I tried to enter none and it asks for a shipping address and a billing address.  Furthermore it asks for a district and a postal code.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Fixed a broken quote box.  -knagl
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:53:51 AM by knagl »

nowhammies10

« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »

I did get my codes, but now my problem is how do I bypass the payment section.  I tried to enter none and it asks for a shipping address and a billing address.  Furthermore it asks for a district and a postal code.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Fixed a broken quote box.  -knagl

This site will generate random names and addresses anywhere in the world.  I have it set to UK addresses at the moment, but you can change that at your leisure.  The addresses are real, the names and such are not.  The "credit card" information conforms to the standards of those cards, but the numbers do not work.

Sodboy13

« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
Have any of you done any fussing around with Amazon's Echo Buttons? They're currently on sale for 4/$30, and I'm wondering if they have any non-Echo potential.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »
For those (like me), who at least think this qualifies as a game show,  I found an end-cap display at my local Target store, devoted entirely to "American Ninja Warrior."  For about $50, there was a 37-piece set of props and stuff to play this athletic competition in your own backyard.  I'm presenting two links, the first is for this set, the second is for ALL other ANJ merchandise available exclusively at Target.

https://www.target.com/p/american-ninja-warrior-competition-obstacle-course/-/A-53212142

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=%22amercan+ninja+warrior%22

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #380 on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »
I feel like I could find a use for that timer.
This signature is currently under construction.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
Things like this make me want to build my own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzuBt4-UgCc

Wow.

Just the number of steps in that process where I'm pretty sure I woulda lost a finger...

Totally, totally cool!
czambo@mac.com

Sodboy13

« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2018, 01:41:37 AM »
I recently picked up a complete set of game cards from the final edition of the Aussie $ale home game, which I believe came out in 2001. In the vein of Endless Games' laziness and corner-cutting, I couldn't believe Crown & Andrews never bothered updating the prize cards throughout their multiple editions (until Temptation came along; then they updated the cards, but none of the rules.) Here's a game from the turn of the century offering $1,000 VCRs and the same Volvo and Jaguar pictured in my 1986 stateside edition. And yes, I realize the cards aren't real prizes, they're just score markers, but the prizes are part of the fun of the show and the game. You think they'd get a refresh in 15-20 years.

They are die-cut and glossy though, not perforated, so there is that.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

doctorwho

« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »
If anybody here's still wanting to pick up the Legends of the Hidden Temple board game, get it while you can.  Most Targets out there seem to be clearancing them out - from what I'm seeing, most stores have it for $7.48, a few stores have it for $4.48, and the one I went to today here in the Chicago suburbs still had quite a few left for just $2.24.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2018, 04:07:34 AM »
If anybody here's still wanting to pick up the Legends of the Hidden Temple board game, get it while you can.  Most Targets out there seem to be clearancing them out - from what I'm seeing, most stores have it for $7.48, a few stores have it for $4.48, and the one I went to today here in the Chicago suburbs still had quite a few left for just $2.24.
Reposting this link from page 21, where you can search for availability based on quantity, price, or distance:  https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=087-10-3976

vtown7

« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »

Thanks for the heads up - picked up Legends when I was a Target in Iowa this week.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2018, 11:33:38 AM »
Is it a remotely decent game?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »
Is [Legends of the Hidden Temple] a remotely decent game?

A friend had it, so I've played it exactly once. It might be better if you implement some house rules, but as designed, there are some annoying flaws. The moat starts to get interminable (you roll a die over and over again, and going back to the beginning happens too frequently). Two of the three temple games are fine (though I'm not sure how much fun it would be to play them in every single game); the third temple game takes way too long.

The temple run itself was probably as good as one could hope for given that it's impossible to emulate that part of the show in a home game. I didn't fully understand what was happening (nothing but a lot of dice rolling, with certain combinations locking or unlocking doors), but the people playing it seemed to have it figured out by the end. It helped that a) they won with less than five seconds on the clock and b) we were playing the actual temple run music while it was taking place.

Unless we misread the rules, though, the Shrine of the Silver Monkey emulation was extremely disappointing.

Bob Zager

« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
A couple of nights ago, I was in a local Target store and found the American Ninja Warrior merchandise on "CLEARANCE!"

The 37-piece Competition Set--originally $49.99 was reduced to $14.98!

All the other ANW merchandise was about 60-70% off their original prices!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
That's not surprising; Summer's over and the TV season only has a couple episodes left.
This signature is currently under construction.