Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376127 times)

Hastin

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #345 on: October 11, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »
That screenshot and more are on Amazon's product page with a lengthly title of "America’s Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075SRFWVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_dxP3zb0CW6B40

Jeopardy! looks like it doesn't even have a rendered set, and looks more like a mobile app on the big screen (or "FULL HD" as it's called here).

Not feeling confident about this one.
-Hastin :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #346 on: October 12, 2017, 12:12:59 PM »
Yesterday evening, I was in my local Big Lots store, and found two familiar box games, repackaged in smaller sized boxes--The Disney version of FF from Cardinal Industries and their Platinum Edition, as well. 

These versions, priced at $10 each, were in boxes the same size as the fourth thru sixth editions from Endless Games.

Although the contents are the exact same as the versions released last year at this time, the Platinum edition has different color box art, and is actually subtitled "Trivia Card Game."  From a distance you'd think it was the sixth edition from EG, without Steve Harvey's picture on it.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
Just got back from a Dollar Tree visit. Seems they have a one-buck version of the Family Feud Strikeout card game. It's about the size of a standard poker/bridge card deck.  The manufacturing credits list it as distributed by Greenbrier, so it's not an overstock, but appears to be a co-production with Endless. Cardinal also now has a Dollar Tree edition of Left-Center-Right and Farkle as well. 

Bob Zager

« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2017, 03:46:01 PM »
Earlier this month, a Fall Toy Preview show was held in Dallas, TX.  A source from Endless Games told me via email, that the new 40th Anniversary edition of Family Feud will be released in a box with a retroactive look.  You'll see it on the top shelf of the picture linked here:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22228541_10154989986776616_6353149439007172814_n.jpg?oh=501f60013e7ce459bfa15b08a0b15cd4&oe=5A6325E0

The scores shown in the picture (76 on the left and 85 on the right), apparently note the premiere/ending years of the original series if not coincidentally!

tvmitch

« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2017, 05:09:56 PM »
Yesterday evening, I was in my local Big Lots store, and found two familiar box games, repackaged in smaller sized boxes--The Disney version of FF from Cardinal Industries and their Platinum Edition, as well. 
May have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but if you're near a Five Below store, they are always a good look for cheaper versions of games. They had an el-cheapo version of Hollywood Game Night for $5 in the past. Haven't been to one of their stores in awhile but I imagine they might have some of what Big Lots has.
You should follow me on Twitter

Bob Zager

« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
I was in my local Kohls store, and saw the fourth edition Wheel of Fortune game from Pressman (Reg. $40--Sale 27.99).  I noticed that this version contains 150 puzzles, not just 100 puzzles as copies at other places.

I'm wondering if the problem with the original copies has been corrected--Through some product reviews by purchasers, and a couple of video reviews, the puzzles were not properly aligned for display on the puzzle board. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:08:33 AM by Bob Zager »

Hastin

« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »
Well, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! for Xbox One/PS4 are out and:

Wheel of Fortune isn't bad. It tries to emulate the show experience, features Jim Thornton as announcer, and maybe the worst VO guy as host. Most sound effects are there, and it plays very Season 34 like. Wheel physics are quite good, and beside bad player models, the board/wheel look great (minus the fact that no Wheel wedges are animated - like Free Play or Express). There's unnecessary lounge style music that plays during turns, and weird sound effects when money gets added to your bank. Also absent is the buzzer when you pick a letter incorrectly, Mr. Bad Host just tells you no. There's a quick game version, and also a family version with easier puzzles. Winning nets you cash that unlocks new sets and decorations for your studio. You can even do mix and match of boards/wheels/and props to create a Vegas Island Hollywood Week.

Jeopardy! - What a mess. Different developer than Wheel. Not really attempting to be the game you see on TV at all, it plays like a high-speed mobile app. You can choose either a regular game, or a quick game, featuring 4 categories with three clues each. All clues are multiple choice. None of the sound effects are like on TV (there's not even the Daily Double noise), and the 'ring in cue' is the board fill sound from the show. Again, there's unlockables, but it's just backgrounds and designs. Female host, no clues are read, but category intros are. This is clearly designed to be played online. Jeopardy! is a total pass and not worth it.

Overall, as a set, I think there's $20 worth of value out of Wheel of Fortune, so buy/download it separately, but Jeopardy! is nothing like it. The 2012 Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! from Pipeworks are still better games.

I'll try to get some YouTube videos up tonight.
-Hastin :)

Bob Zager

« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »

These versions, priced at $10 each, were in boxes the same size as the fourth thru sixth editions from Endless Games.

Although the contents are the exact same as the versions released last year at this time, the Platinum edition has different color box art, and is actually subtitled "Trivia Card Game."  From a distance you'd think it was the sixth edition from EG, without Steve Harvey's picture on it.

Also, the "card" game versions are available for $5 each at Family Dollar stores.  It would appear like the same games, only in not so thick packaging, but the difference is the Big Lots stock ($10 price), has question cards (including "Fast Money") plus the pads of paper for writing answers/survey results; whereas the Family Dollar stores stock is the travel size games with just regular survey questions and "strike" cards.

I located a better view of the "retro" graphic box of the 40th anniversary edition from EG here:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/media.zulily.com/images/cache/product/290x348//267182/zu52614307_main_tm1510276417.jpg

Also, a local Walgreen's store had Cardinal's "Password" game in different packaging for $10.  It is designed to stand up when not in use.

Bob Zager

« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »
When you click the following link, you'll see the revised graphics for the "Family Feud 40th Anniversary Edition" from Endless Games:

http://shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/games/board-games/family-feud-game/600132

Some sites refer to this version as a "retro" edition, because of the different look to it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Some sites refer to this version as a "retro" edition, because of the different look to it.

And because it has an actual gameboard instead of a dry-erase board? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2017, 08:35:12 PM »

And because it has an actual gameboard instead of a dry-erase board? :)

That's true, but also, because EG had already released a 40th anniversary edition with the current logo, and Steve Harvey's picture on it.

Sodboy13

« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »
Hey, only $20 for a Family Feud game with a real board! That's a great deal, considering the going rate for the standard version is $15-ish.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »
Back when that plastic game board was first designed and released, it had fewer spaces for answers than the real show's game board was capable of displaying.

Now it has too many.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
I broke out my 1990 Pressman home version, which was a clone of the MB versions, last Friday during a game night with a couple in their early 30s and their roughly 10-year-old son. They were all quite surprised at its lavishness compared to the versions with which they were familiar.

pacdude

« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
Bumping to show this The Wall home game from France… could a US version be coming soon? https://www.amazon.fr/Dujardin-1055-Enfant-wall-face/dp/B004UUZRKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520110983&sr=8-1&keywords=The+wall