Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 379539 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2017, 12:39:25 AM »
-The word holders are now thick cardboard, which, in one way, is a step up from Endless' cheap paper ones from their later editions. But Cardinal's cardboard word holders have a very conspicuous seam along the back held together with glue, which looks pretty chintzy. The back of the word holders also have the message "LET'S FIND THE PASSWORD" across the back for some reason.
presumably this is the one that is available at Target? Can you use the old card sleeves for this?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2017, 12:55:41 AM »
The back of the word holders also have the message "LET'S FIND THE PASSWORD" across the back for some reason.

"This looks far too classy. We're Endless Games, dammit! How can we POSSIBLY cheese these up some?"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #332 on: August 30, 2017, 12:58:57 AM »
You can ALMOST use the old word sleeves, but Cardinal is using a really big font for the Passwords that makes it difficult at times.

It's also worth noting that in pulling out a card to check, I noticed the Passwords "Twitterpate" and "Midsummer" on the cards, so I'm leaning more and more toward a hard pass on this one.

BrandonFG

« Reply #333 on: August 30, 2017, 01:05:12 AM »
"How can it be this damn difficult to do PASSWORD?"
Ever tried playing it Drunk? :P

/Everything about TCONA was awesome
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #334 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:50 AM »
/Everything about TCONA was awesome

100% QFT.

/Convinced someone at Buzzr added "Wordplay" to their schedule because they saw "Urban Dictionary Wordplay" at TCONA

Bob Zager

« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
-"Beij   ing" is a password on the one card I've looked at (and that's exactly how it's printed)
Are any of the "password"s two words?  The prototype contents pictured on the bottom of the box shows "lamp shade" as one of the "password"s.

Apparently, there are TWO changes to the clue giving rules--No repeating of previously used clues & no proper nouns as clues!

Marc412

« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
Just one that I remember:  "New York".  A fair number of the other passwords are in fact proper names too.

Bob Zager

« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
It's that time of the year again, where for the holiday season the Go Toys and Games store opens at my area mall.  Today, I saw a new Star Wars themed Family Feud game, from Cardinal games!  The price was $19.99!  Didn't really have much time to look at it, but seems to be much like Cardinal's Disney themed version.

aaron sica

« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »
Today, I saw a new Star Wars themed Family Feud game, from Cardinal games!  The price was $19.99!  Didn't really have much time to look at it, but seems to be much like Cardinal's Disney themed version.

No more pass or play option..
"You will play."
"I will play!"

Sodboy13

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2017, 11:18:17 PM »
My local Go! store has the anniversary edition of Family Feud for $30, and inexplicably, Cardinal Password for $25.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
Although I'd seen the "Star Wars Family Feud" box game at Go games, Toys R Us is now showing it at their website, and listing it as "Only at TRU."

Here's what the box art looks like:

https://truimg.toysrus.com/product/images/star-wars-family-feud-game--76797602.zoom.jpg?fit=inside|960:960

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »
Although I'd seen the "Star Wars Family Feud" box game at Go games, Toys R Us is now showing it at their website, and listing it as "Only at TRU."

"We asked 100 Jedi: Name something you pull out of your robe."

<huh-huh> "Light sabre, Steve!"

<yuk yuk> "I'm gonna have to ask you to be more specific there." <haw-haw guffaw jesusshootme>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »
Ubisoft's bringing Wheel and J! to PS4 and Xbox One in November. Alex, Pat and Vanna are nowhere to be found.

http://blog.ubi.com/jeopardy-wheel-fortune-coming-consoles-november-7/

Jeopardy! allows players to solve over 2,000 clues and compete with two other friends online and through local multiplayer, and offers exciting new features.

Unique Modes: With three distinct modes, there is a Jeopardy! type for everyone. Track your progress and performance in leaderboards by competing in Career Mode. Rapid Mode offers fewer categories and clues for players looking for a quick match, and Family Mode includes separate categories to be more inclusive and fun for kids and parents alike.
Unlock New Categories: Answer clues correctly and unlock Categories.
Media Clues: Jeopardy! offers more than 2,000 puzzles with visual and audio clues, including quotes and songs.
Category Customization: Players can decide which categories they want during online and offline matches.

With more than 4,000 puzzles, Wheel of Fortune offers hours of puzzle-solving fun and provides unique twists on the classic game.

Classic and Quick Modes: Play the classic mode to enjoy the authentic TV show experience with all of the beats you know and love. Or choose the quick mode to solve a few puzzles.
Online Multiplayer: Track your progress against friends and global leaderboards, compare your score and achievements through the profile function and chat with friends.
Special Wedges true to the TV Show: Collect awesome travel trips with the prize wedge and win top value gifts with the gift card, mystery wedge or million dollar wedge.
Level up and Unlock Customization Items: Gain levels as you play and unlock new customization items to decorate your contestants and studio set with over 250 unique items.

$20 each as a download or a retail bundle together for $40.

Hastin

« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
Oh nice. Maybe I can finally retire my Xbox 360 from under the TV (still play Pipeworks excellent WoF and J! releases from 5 years ago). Even without the talent, hope the gameplay is good.
-Hastin :)

pacdude

« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
Here's a screenshot.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:50:50 PM by pacdude »