Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 379595 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2017, 07:27:56 PM »
Legends, along with 50+ other games (including WITWICS), will officially hit Target's shelves on Sunday.

That explains why the shelves were barren as hell last time I was over there.
True.  At least at the local Target, a lot of games were on clearance and you will not hear me complain one iota when I got a game for $6 that I was likely considering at $20.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2017, 03:15:50 AM »
And here is the first official video review of the Hidden Temple board game.

Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

snowpeck

« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »
If you're not near a Target, they finally have it listed for sale on their website: https://www.target.com/p/legends-of-the-hidden-temple-board-game/-/A-52187248#lnk=sametab
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2017, 02:07:08 PM »
They've also posted what appears to be their new Carmen Sandiego game.  Sadly, for those of us (OK, me) who held out the tiniest bit of hope that it would be an adaptation of the PBS series, it's based, as should have been expected, on the computer game.

https://www.target.com/p/where-in-the-world-is-carmen-sandiego-game/-/A-52187250#lnk=sametab
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

WhammyPower

« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
Also listed at Target (not sure if these are part of the 50+ referred to in the Forbes article): a Password game and Family Feud After Hours (with such questions as "Name something your husband has that you wish wasn't so big.")

snowpeck

« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
Also listed at Target (not sure if these are part of the 50+ referred to in the Forbes article): a Password game and Family Feud After Hours (with such questions as "Name something your husband has that you wish wasn't so big.")

So Cardinal is producing the Password home game now? Interesting.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »
and Family Feud After Hours (with such questions as "Name something your husband has that you wish wasn't so big.")
So it's also Family Feud for regular hours too, amirite?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WhammyPower

« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »
So it's also Family Feud for regular hours too, amirite?

TimK2003

« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
So likely, for nearly every other question/survey in this particular game edition, Penis will be a guaranteed answer? 

Sodboy13

« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
So likely, for nearly every other question/survey in this particular game edition, Penis will be a guaranteed answer?
I wish I could get that kind of batting average at home HEY FOLKS
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

WhammyPower

« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2017, 11:03:59 PM »
If for some reason that your Targets, like mine, don't have them out on the shelves yet, in-store pickup is now available for most items.

Bob Zager

« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
I saw a copy of the FF After Hours game.  Although the website lists and pictures only the "cardstock," it actually includes two small dry erase boards--one for writing the survey answers and numerical results, and the other for keeping score.  There is no Fast Money bonus round material or rules.  The rules have the game as consisting of three questions--worth Single, Double and Double Points respectively, and the leader at the end of the third round is declared the winner!

Bob Zager

« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »

So Cardinal is producing the Password home game now? Interesting.

I noticed that above the "Password" logo on the box, it says "Classic Series."  It makes me wonder if they are just referring to this, or is Cardinal going to do like what Endless Games became famous for--re-releasing old game show home games.  EG eventually labeled some of their's "Endless Classics."

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2017, 12:35:49 AM »
New Password game arrived in the mail today...

-The word holders are now thick cardboard, which, in one way, is a step up from Endless' cheap paper ones from their later editions. But Cardinal's cardboard word holders have a very conspicuous seam along the back held together with glue, which looks pretty chintzy. The back of the word holders also have the message "LET'S FIND THE PASSWORD" across the back for some reason.

-No human being has the penmanship to accommodate the teeny-tiny scoresheets for this edition

-"Beij   ing" is a password on the one card I've looked at (and that's exactly how it's printed)

-Obviously, you're not beholden to play this or any other game exactly according to the rules included, but the rules have two strange changes: no repeating a previously-given clue, and proper nouns may not be given as clues

-So, overall, it's...serviceable, let's say, but this and the last three Endless editions make me shake my head and wonder "How can it be this damn difficult to do PASSWORD?"