Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376389 times)

TimK2003

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2017, 06:51:54 PM »
While making what is likely to be my last trip into any KMart (ours has finally joined the Going Out Of Business bandwagon), I noticed that they had a boatload (at least 10 copies) of Celebrity Name Game home games in their toy department. 

Right now, they are 50% off the original $21 price, with potential further markdowns to come in the final weeks. I may stop back in there in their final days to see if I can nab one for even less.

Your GOOB price and supply may vary at your dying Kmart.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Has anyone else noticed a recent game that is basically the old Johnny Gilbert game show Fast Draw? I made my own model years ago, but this recent entry is clever. Simplified, but almost mirror image in actual play. Guess I'm not the only person looking at old game shows and failed pilots attempting to find inspiration for product - http://www.pressmantoy.com/product/pass-pen/.

Bob Zager

« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
A few weeks ago, I had posted about the new "Family Feud 6th edition" from Endless Games.  Below is a link to a pic of the bottom of the box showing the new game contents:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/aMUAAOSwax5YtvM4/s-l1600.jpg

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2017, 10:48:42 PM »
Endless puzzles the hell out of me. They cheap out around EVERY SINGLE turn...and then include two buzzer cards for the Face-Off?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2017, 11:10:03 PM »
Two buzzer cards are cheaper than three strike cards.

My favorite Endless move was a few editions ago, when they helpfully posted instruction sheet PDFs on their website. Except, for Family Feud, they put up the entire survey book for free download.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2017, 02:34:18 AM »
Except, for Family Feud, they put up the entire survey book for free download.

Was the content therein actually worth a damn? I remember getting one at a thrift store to mine for content, and after going through the book I was considering going back to the store to demand my $2 back.

Sodboy13

« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2017, 11:19:04 PM »
Enough of it was useful for the price.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

bwood

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:34 AM »
The problem for me, with the Endless material, was how the number of responses were weighted (or at least used to be). You could literally have a 90 person #1 answer followed by 5 answers with 2 people. I always found myself redistributing the scores before using the questions if I used their material to equal it out some. Not sure if that's still a problem or not. I don't think I have anything beyond their 3rd edition.

clemon79

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
\ou could literally have a 90 person #1 answer followed by 5 answers with 2 people.
Right, which is a prime example of "content that is completely worthless." (At least in your example the poll still adds up to 100 points or less.)

I always found myself redistributing the scores before using the questions if I used their material to equal it out some.

But, see, if you're gonna make it up, then what's the point? That renders the activity of "guess how people responded to a survey" completely moot.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:51:50 AM by clemon79 »

bwood

« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2017, 11:34:49 PM »
Totally see your point, but I guess I kind of used it as a guide to get some sort of question material/usage out of it. The answers were there and they were what people said, I just thought it looked ridiculous to be so unevenly scored.
To clarify, this was years ago while using FF Presentation Software and loading questions into it, so it wasn't like I was changing points in the book or on the fly while playing the board game. The book served its purpose in that respect. It acted as a template of sorts to give me something quickly.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »
The other problem is that if the results come back 90-2-2-2-2-2 but you fudge it as 40-20-20-10-10, that means that the participants are getting false feedback about the results.

That said when playing the game or hosting, I don't think anyone cared about the points except for the opening faceoff and to see who got to 300.
Travis L. Eberle

bwood

« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
In the books I had, many of the questions were like that. It just didn't look right and I wanted it to be more aesthetically pleasing, if only to me. I had control over the numbers and put them in to stretch out a few of the heavy weighted scores. Did not realign them or anything to that effect. Once they were programmed in it was final and those were the scores I went with for the game. I just didn't want to see such crazy numbers round after round. The number one answer was still the original number one answer, and so forth.

It was games amongst friends or coworkers, and it was 10 years ago. I just wanted to share my opinion on Endless' material, that was all. Questions were good, distribution was not (to me).

It wasn't played for real stakes and nobody was worried about false feedback. No big deal. It wasn't going to be the second coming of the Quiz Show Scandals that's for sure.

;)

Bob Zager

« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
In the last few years, some new games have been announced--but not released, so I have tried to keep mum about things until something definite has turned up.  Here is an online exclusive offer through amazon.com (and Matty's Toy Stop):

https://www.amazon.com/Endless-Games-Anniversary-Classic-Electronic/dp/B072KF8YMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497457117&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=%22family+feud%22+endless+games&psc=1

This seller has also offered EG's Fifth and Sixth edition games with the "Strikeout" card game and a similar buzzer before.  This is the first I've seen of the anniversary edition with a buzzer!

I'd seen prototype box art at calendars.com, with a September release date, but it looks like the scoreboard will be different, and Fast Money play like the current Cardinal versions and EG's Sixth edition!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »
One buzzer. Not two, one.
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
When was the last time the Family Feud board showed 10 answers on the board anyway?