Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376130 times)

Sodboy13

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2016, 11:59:39 PM »
I flipped open the question booklet for Family Feud Party Edition, and immediately found another shining example of Endless Games' quality control. Here, play along at home:

"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2016, 12:14:01 AM »
When your top answer in the whole bonus round is worth 22 points, that's when you start sending off for the stationery:

Endless Games: where we spell Quality with a K.

/they throw in Beyonce's surname but misspell "Christina". How about that deal.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2016, 01:32:05 AM »
There's another question in the booklet where the four available answers have point values of 3, 3, 2, and 1.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2016, 11:59:08 AM »
Based on all the data shown, it would have been impossible to get to the winning number of 200 points to win the "Fast Money" round!

BrandonFG

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »
Based on all the data shown, it would have been impossible to get to the winning number of 200 points to win the "Fast Money" round!
Wow...I really didn't catch that one! That...that's just bad, even by Endless Games standards.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »
That was the point--the top scoring top two answers for one question added up to 38, and none of the others got terribly close.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
That was the point--the top scoring top two answers for one question added up to 38, and none of the others got terribly close.
Looking at that answer it would not have been terribly hard to lump yell at airline, curse, and get mad into one answer, perhaps with some answers in parentheses.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dale_grass

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
Looking at that answer it would not have been terribly hard to lump yell at airline, curse, and get mad into one answer, perhaps with some answers in parentheses.

Except each of those answers is independent of the other two.  I understand what you're going for, but the ultimate cure is better source material.

Or the good people and Endless could just lie and inflate the numbers.  After all, how would we know?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »
Or the good people and Endless could just lie and inflate the numbers.  After all, how would we know?

It's telling when outright fraud would produce better content than they actually provided. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
I mentioned this 7 months ago, a few weeks before it became available.  Yesterday, I bit the bullet on the Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? 3DS game since it appears to be disappearing off of shelves, and not due to demand.  It's...different.

There is no music from the show.  SFX from the show is extremely limited.  No voice of Jeff Foxworthy.  A monotonous tune plays in the background for the entire game.  The game is like the show you know and love (?), except there is no $25,000 safe plateau.  The virtual cash is always at risk.  This game was clearly rushed to capitalize on 5th Grader's return, even though the return was merely a whimper in the ratings.

Here's the different part.  You can spend your winnings to improve the education of your 5th grade helpers.  The students start with a D or D- average in all their classes, so they are not much help with the peek/save/copy for starters.  As you reinvest your winnings in their virtual school by spending money on the various subjects and by investing in school events like science fairs, debates, and other academic events, your students get smarter and are more likely to help you out.

For some reason, this game is still $30 at Best Buy.  (Thankfully, I paid significantly less than that.)  If I did it again, I don't know if I'd pay a tenth of that $30 price tag for this game.  The "investing in your students" piece is unique.  The questions are all over the place, in terms of difficulty.  Everything else is quite underwhelming.

Bob Zager

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
Although I haven't seen any copies in any stores, the "Celebrity Name Game" home game is now available through PlayMonster's website (for $24.99 plus shipping, etc.)

Another source has indicated that the new "Wheel of Fortune 4th edition" from Pressman has been delayed, again!!

Bob Zager

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
Not much information to share, but here is a look at the new "Family Feud" electronic game from The Bridge Direct:

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/elg_prd_familyfeud.php

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »
I didn't realize people were still allowed to make LCD electronic games in 2016.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
Allowed to? Why not?
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2016, 12:03:29 AM »
Allowed to? Why not?
Sorry- that was badly worded. It's just surprising to me that someone would produce an LCD game in 2016. Outside of video poker/slots I've seen at Toys R Us, I haven't seen one in three or four years.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.