Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 379477 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »
Also for $5: Giant Freaking Foam Rubber Dice. I'm talking, like, 8 or 10 inches per side. Available in black, or neon pink, green, or blue. For when Dice Game-sized dice just ain't cuttin' it.
Aw, no Five Below nearby. I've been making trips to a local dollar store to get smaller foam dice (red, blue, yellow and black) that are roughly High Rollers sized, but not eight inches across. Whoof.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »
Also for $5: Giant Freaking Foam Rubber Dice. I'm talking, like, 8 or 10 inches per side. Available in black, or neon pink, green, or blue. For when Dice Game-sized dice just ain't cuttin' it.

The question for this, as always, is: are they Chinese dice, with the pips for the two along the vertices instead of in the corners where they belong?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:49 AM »
Yes. Seemingly always the downside with these things. Though the pip for the one is not oversized on these.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2015, 01:43:29 AM »
Yes. Seemingly always the downside with these things. Though the pip for the one is not oversized on these.

Yep. That straightened two-face drives me absolutely bonkers, though,

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »
Digital versions of Wheel and Jeopardy are available on the Wii U Shop for $7.99 each. By the way, does anyone know if the 360 versions work on Xbox One?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
Digital versions of Wheel and Jeopardy are available on the Wii U Shop for $7.99 each. By the way, does anyone know if the 360 versions work on Xbox One?

Per this list, not yet.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
I spent a small portion of the Amazon gift card I won at the Family Bidness Christmas Party on Millionaire for the DS and I'm really glad that 1) it was only five dollars and 2) not my money. It functions well as a multiple-choice quiz but that's about it. No variability in your character look, as far as I know there's no multiplayer option, and they bungled it on the music bits, but the questions are decent. One of the achievements is to replicate David Goodman's game by using all three of your lifelines on the final question to win. Had I paid attention and seen that it was a Ludia game I might have passed entirely.
Travis L. Eberle

narzo

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
December 16th saw the release of a FANTASTIC new version of "Countdown" in the UK iTunes store.  Seriously, GET IT!  Visually it's probably the best of all the game show adaptations out there, and they've added a vs. CPU mode.  My only complaint, is the letter distribution doesn't seem to follow the show as some really odd and obscure combinations come up.

Barnstorm games created it, which also created an "Eggheads" app that is worth getting. It's basic, but a fun way to recreate the show.

While I'm at it, I forgot to mention "Two Tribes" came out last summer, it is also excellent and worth checking out.  The animation is very "cartoonish", just like "Pointless", but the gameplay is wonderful.

Bob Zager

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2016, 01:54:05 PM »
Earlier this week was the annual Toy Fair in New York.  There may be some new home versions coming to stores later this year!

I say that there "may be," because in recent years some prototypes were shown, appeared in company catalogs, etc., but did NOT get released after all.  Here is what MAY be coming out this year:

New versions of "Jeopardy!" from Outset Media

"Family Feud 6th edition" from Endless Games

"Family Feud" electronic game from Bridge Direct

"Celebrity Name Game" from Playmonster (formerly Patch Products)

tvwxman

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
I was there. very little game show wise , compared to years past. a new Wheel box game, 4th edition was the only thing i saw in addition to above.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2016, 02:16:14 PM »
I was there. very little game show wise , compared to years past. a new Wheel box game, 4th edition was the only thing i saw in addition to above.

Did the WOF game look pretty much the same, and maybe did you get a shot of it while at the fair?

I might as well let you know that even though you may not have seen what I'd mentioned earlier, my sources for the information came from a press release from FremantleMedia for "Feud," and corresponding company press releases/reports for the other games.

tvwxman

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
I was there doing news reports and not game show hunting like i used to do. I did not see the contents of the games, nor did i take photos.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2016, 03:07:55 PM »
Thank you, anyway!

Bob Zager

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2016, 03:16:43 PM »
I've just stumbled across a webpage reviewing selected exhibitors at the 2016 Toy Fair.  Here is a link the Playmonster exhibit:

http://www.mureview.net/toy-fair-2016-playmonster/nggallery/thumbnails

When you scroll down, you'll see some stills of some of Playmonster's products, including four images of their CNG, featuring an electronic timer console, game cards and scoring chips.  Note:  I think the VIZIO remote was on-hand for attendees to view video of the show on a TV in the background.

Hastin

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
Outset's catalog shows a box shot of the new Jeopardy! game, but no contents:

http://www.outsetmedia.com/sites/default/files/2016-US-Catalog-Outset-Cobble%20Hill.pdf

Looks like there will be card game, a regular edition, and a Deluxe Edition with "extra content and a metal ringer".
-Hastin :)