Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376141 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
Some sources are saying that in the next few weeks, Pressman's new Wheel of Fortune game should be available!
Is this supposed to be a total redesign, or is this just a new coat of paint? After all, Pressman's all about that backwards compatibility.

Well, I took a look at Pressman's website, and they are showing the "3rd Edition!"  I've seen some websites picturing the 3rd edition with a bold "NEW" graphic in it. 

It looks, for now, that they're only re-issuing the 3rd edition!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2015, 01:25:41 AM »
I don't think there's anything game show related here, but you folks can look at this photo and see if there's anything worthwhile on these shelves

Mmm... Qwirkle, Conspiracy, Omega Virus,  Scotland Yard, and (for the right crowd) Showdown Yahtzee.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2015, 01:51:21 AM »
That's more or less what I have on my card, though I see a (new) Merlin and a Monty Plays Scrabbble in the corner, too. And I'd grab the Pig Pong because it's silly fun.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »
Mmm... Qwirkle, Conspiracy, Omega Virus,  Scotland Yard, and (for the right crowd) Showdown Yahtzee.
I'd grab Omega Virus because you could probably flip it on BGG, though I'm not sure who the right crowd for Showdown Yahtzee is. I also see the crappy 1970s version of Careers, and an old version of Perquackey, which is a terrific word game in its own right.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »
That's more or less what I have on my card, though I see a (new) Merlin and a Monty Plays Scrabbble in the corner, too. And I'd grab the Pig Pong because it's silly fun.

Snap.  I completely missed Pig Pong.

tvmitch

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »
I don't think there's anything game show related here, but you folks can look at this photo and see if there's anything worthwhile on these shelves.

This is from the nearby "classic toys" store, and they sell most of their stuff at relatively low prices as compared to collectors' values. I got ten Hot Wheels cars from 1980 new in the packaging for $1 each this weekend.
This looks like a neat store, you are lucky to have one close. The shelves of my thrift stores rarely have anything interesting these days.
You should follow me on Twitter

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »
Snap.  I completely missed Pig Pong.
If we're looking at the game on the bottom shelf near Super Simon, I think that's just Nerf Indoor Ping Pong, and not Pig Pong (which sounds like something I would have played every day as a youth from what BGG reveals.)
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
I think that's just Nerf Indoor Ping Pong

Oh, you are correct, sir. Also worth having, though. I loved mine as a kid, though I'm not sure why I had it as we had a real ping-pong table in the garage...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »
Oh, you are correct, sir. Also worth having, though. I loved mine as a kid, though I'm not sure why I had it as we had a real ping-pong table in the garage...
Tukwila Value Village seems to get them frequently, though they had a period where their board games were inflated in price (Seriously? An incomplete Concentration for seven dollars?) so I didn't pick it up. I'm sure it'll show up again.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 07:22:42 PM »
Based on the few times I visited this place  (https://www.facebook.com/thetoystimeforgot), you can probably name what you want to find and if they don't have it, they'll find it.  They had a sizable collection of game-show home versions as well.

If you are ever in the Akron/Canton area, this is one place to easily blow time and money at.

parliboy

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »
My job may be sending me to Origins next year.  It might make for an interesting day trip.

BrandonFG

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »
I don't think there's anything game show related here, but you folks can look at this photo and see if there's anything worthwhile on these shelves
I forgot Donald Trump had a board game (black and gold box, near the bottom shelf)...it came out right around the time Trump Card premiered, maybe a year prior*. IIRC, it was more like Monopoly or The Game of Life, no?

*/Back when he was only mildly egotistical
//With just a mild combover
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 11:35:15 PM »
I forgot Donald Trump had a board game (black and gold box, near the bottom shelf)...it came out right around the time Trump Card premiered, maybe a year prior*. IIRC, it was more like Monopoly or The Game of Life, no?

1989:https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1824/trump-game, and it was a property trading game that was nearer to Sid Sackson's I'm the Boss or Chinatown than Monopoly. My guess is that someone at MB came up with the idea and it sat in a file somewhere until they got the idea to mold the game around Trump's gilded persona. It was rereleased when The Apprentice became popular, and one of the main changes was the "you're out of the bidding" cards were changed to "You're Fired!" and I'm betting there were a lot more of them.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2015, 02:43:49 AM »
Thanks for the tips, folks. We were planning to go back to Reidsville tomorrow but those plans got changed.

Here's a link to a newspaper article about the store if you want to know more about it.

JakeT

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »

*/Back when he was only mildly egotistical

If you have a board game named after you, you are significantly more than "only mildly egotistical"...

Just ask Ivana...she will tell you he has ALWAYS been a dickhead...

JakeT