Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 380507 times)

colonial

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #885 on: December 28, 2022, 10:34:16 PM »
Took my daughter to Dave and Busters in Orlando to celebrate a strong report card when we came upon WOF, J! And PYL "Game Boxes" for 1400 points each.

We did not look inside the boxes but, based on the descriptions, the game material was in English and French. I found some basic info on Walmart Canada's website (which included a pair of FF boxes), but that's it.

My daughter had enough points to get at least one box, but she opted for a My Hero Academia poster and a kazoo.

JD

Bob Zager

« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2022, 02:35:44 PM »
Took my daughter to Dave and Busters in Orlando to celebrate a strong report card when we came upon WOF, J! And PYL "Game Boxes" for 1400 points each.

We did not look inside the boxes but, based on the descriptions, the game material was in English and French. I found some basic info on Walmart Canada's website (which included a pair of FF boxes), but that's it.

My daughter had enough points to get at least one box, but she opted for a My Hero Academia poster and a kazoo.

JD

IIRC, those versions are in English and French, except for WOF, which is English only.   The pair of FF game boxes are the Kids edition and a "movies," edition (both English and French).

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #887 on: December 29, 2022, 03:41:10 PM »
My question is how much was the kazoo.

I also finally may have my excuse to go to my local D&B which has been open for about four years now and which I have still yet to visit.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

colonial

« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2022, 09:50:46 PM »
Here are the boxes in question that I saw at the Orlando D&B ...

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/jeopardy-game-box-multi/6000203863699

The kazoo was 100 points -- my daughter's prize selection is improving. When she started going, she would redeem for Fun Dip and only Fun Dip.

JD

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2022, 09:53:44 PM »
First, congratulations to your daughter. Also, how did she roll up that kind of bankroll?
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #890 on: January 04, 2023, 12:26:28 AM »
First, congratulations to your daughter. Also, how did she roll up that kind of bankroll?
Buy credits on sale, then go on Wednesday for half price games. It’s the only way to fly.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #891 on: January 04, 2023, 02:53:47 PM »
Quick curious question:

Yesterday I was at a collectibles store where a wrestler (Danhausen) was doing a signing, and while we were in line waiting it for start I was browsing a little, and I happened across a Tic-Tac-Dough home game in fairly good condition for $10, so I snapped it up. Turns out it was mostly content complete; I don't think all of the play money was there (maybe, but I doubt it? Seems like a small stack), but definitely all of the question cards, and as a bonus, a complete set of static-cling X's and O's from a Hollywood Squares home game. (Well, ok then!)

Here's the question: The Bonus Game cards, according to the instruction sheet, should have had eight dollar values and Teh Dragon. (Yes, I know.) But for some reason I have six dollar values and three Dragons. Obviously I don't care; it's 2022 and I could make my own set of Bonus Game cards (complete with proper TIC and TAC, of course) that would blow these out of the water if I cared that much. But I can't remember from my original set back in the day; was that a content mistake or did this previous owner actually cull this together out of three sets?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2023, 03:29:04 PM »
I wonder if the game had extra Dragons, because you need those, and the money tabs were seen as more expendable. I recall mine having eight money and one critter—no TIC or TAC.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #893 on: January 04, 2023, 03:45:56 PM »
I recall mine having eight money and one critter—no TIC or TAC.

Yours at least matches up with what the rulesheet says should be there. I didn't get around to checking which money amounts were missing, to see if they were actually trying to match up with the ones that existed in a TIC-TAC-Dragon configuration.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #894 on: January 04, 2023, 04:33:27 PM »
My copy has:

$100
$150
$200
$250
$300
$350
$400
$500
THE MEAN DRAGON

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #895 on: January 04, 2023, 04:34:53 PM »
Semi-OT question:  Is there any place someone could buy large amounts of Milton Bradley play money, outside of pilfering it from many innocent home editions?  I'm teaching Financial Literacy next semester and my principal suggested using Monopoly money for simulations, but multiply the values times 10.  Forget that; I know there are $5000 bills in MB bucks.

If anybody can help, cool.  If I need to sacrifice some home games for the cause, cool but with reluctance.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #896 on: January 04, 2023, 06:17:54 PM »
Semi-OT question:  Is there any place someone could buy large amounts of Milton Bradley play money, outside of pilfering it from many innocent home editions?  I'm teaching Financial Literacy next semester and my principal suggested using Monopoly money for simulations, but multiply the values times 10.  Forget that; I know there are $5000 bills in MB bucks.

If anybody can help, cool.  If I need to sacrifice some home games for the cause, cool but with reluctance.

I saw some eBay sellers and interesting things on etsy, but when I needed "monopoly money" I just made my own. I found a decent enough picture of Life money which was my first inclination for big bills.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #897 on: January 04, 2023, 06:41:22 PM »
I’ve sold some play money on eBay from MB, Life and Payday. Mike, I sent you a private message.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2023, 01:39:11 PM »
My copy has:

$100
$150
$200
$250
$300
$350
$400
$500
THE MEAN DRAGON

This is what I believe the rulesheet told me to expect. Anyone know offhand what the TIC-TAC-Dragon money distribution was?

Marc412

« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2023, 01:54:25 PM »
100, 150, 250, 300, 400, 500, Tic, Tac, Dragon