Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 121804 times)

TLEberle

• Game Maven
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 08, 2019, 02:25:31 AM »
I figured that it wasn’t exact nor would you buy them for quiz bowl practice (buy the Trebisky octopus for that) but for a game that has buzzer races use them.
Travis L. Eberle
Director of Ludic underlings.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #496 on: Today at 11:10:57 AM »
There’s a board game at Target called “Just One” that uses the same premise as the Odd Ball pilot (panel gives one word clues to a word/subject, but repeats are discarded before the words are revealed to the guesser). It goes for about $20.
I complain about some stuff, I praise other stuff, and I say "meh" to the rest...see it all at notableneurons.com

TLEberle

• Game Maven
« Reply #497 on: Today at 11:28:55 AM »
There’s a board game at Target called “Just One” that uses the same premise as the Odd Ball pilot (panel gives one word clues to a word/subject, but repeats are discarded before the words are revealed to the guesser). It goes for about $20.
That's mildly irritating in that I buy these games as an early adopter and then they end up at Target. That said please support your friendly local board game designers and buy good games.
Travis L. Eberle
Director of Ludic underlings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #498 on: Today at 11:35:30 AM »
That's mildly irritating in that I buy these games as an early adopter and then they end up at Target.

Right? Making Spiel des Jahres-winning games available to a mass audience is simply *awful*.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype, YIM, AIM: FredSmythe

SuperMatch93

« Reply #499 on: Today at 01:17:16 PM »
That's mildly irritating in that I buy these games as an early adopter and then they end up at Target.

Right? Making Spiel des Jahres-winning games available to a mass audience is simply *awful*.

I think he means that the prices get cut once they go to department stores, but I understand your sentiment.
"Game shows aren't about cruelty. They're about greed and wonderful prizes like poorly built catamarans." - Homer Simpson

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #500 on: Today at 01:42:28 PM »
I think he means that the prices get cut once they go to department stores, but I understand your sentiment.

I am still utterly failing to see a problem with that.

/games get cheaper as they age
//more with Ric Romero at 11
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype, YIM, AIM: FredSmythe