The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread

(1/190) > >>

chad1m:
Since we're on a fresh board now, I thought I would create a fresh thread to discuss the release of home/board/video/handheld/digital versions of our favorite game shows.

If you've got Amazon credit burning a hole in your pocket from Christmas, they have a huge discount on the "Classic Pack" of You Don't Know Jack. Nine of the older PC games designed to work on new computers as a digital download for FIVE bucks. The package is also available on Steam, but there is no discount there.

SamJ93:
I'm in the process of downloading and playing them now.  Great nostalgia trip for an incredibly cheap price.  Though is it just me, or is a lot of the music in V1 different from the original game?

Jeremy Nelson:
Sports Jeopardy is available in the App Store for 99 cents.

EDIT: Had a chance to play it, and here's my good and bad-

GOOD:
-The entire presentation is nice.
-The game moves fast.
-The questions are challenging.
-Unlike Jeopardy games in recent memory, you can type in your answers.
-Your end of game score is multiplied (for Achieve,net purposes only) and really gives you a nice boost should you make the game harder in any number of ways.

BAD:
-It's still a little buggy, but it matters a lot because it keeps you from actually playing the game. Although I was connected to the Internet, the game consistently game me "no connection" errors that slowed my progress through the menus. It took six times for me to get into the game.
-There are in game power ups- not really my cup of tea for a game like Jeopardy, but it's a specialized version and I'm sure it'll bring more people into the fold.

All in all, a pretty good effort. I wouldn't mind if they updated the two/three year old regular version with this format.

pacdude:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Nelson on February 02, 2014, 03:39:34 PM ---Sports Jeopardy is available in the App Store for 99 cents.

--- End quote ---

They've released an update to patch a lot of those bugs; indeed, I can actually open and play without having to quit and restart the app.

Here's some gameplay that's currently processing. Apologies about the audio.

TLEberle:
It isn't a game show, but Endless Games's Oddly Obvious is as close as you're going to get to TV Scrabble these days. It arrived in the mail yesterday and we played it to rave reviews from nearly all participants. Recommended if you're into that sort of thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version