Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $otC Board Game  (Read 2587 times)

pacdude

$otC Board Game
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »

This is a stretch, but I just acquired the Sale of the Century board game, complete with working Quizzard, and I was wondering if anyone had PDFs of the extra question books they tout in the end of the instruction manual. Thanks in advance!

gamed121683

$otC Board Game
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

Should we page Matt Ottinger to the white phone on this one?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:08:26 PM by gamed121683 »

snowpeck

$otC Board Game
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »

I didn\'t want to be the one who asked, but I had been wondering the same thing. I picked up a copy of the game at a thrift store a few months ago. Oddly, one of the Quizzard buttons doesn\'t work. The LED for the non-working one doesn\'t even light up during the part of the cycle that all the LEDs are supposed to come on.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

$otC Board Game
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »

I\'m not at home to look at mine, but are we talking about extra question books that one would presumably order from the company, as opposed to the one that came with it?  Because if we are, I\'m sure I don\'t have any of those.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pacdude

$otC Board Game
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »

Yep, the extra ones. My copy came with the in-box question book in pristine condition. But drat, that would\'ve been neat to have. 

Matt Ottinger

$otC Board Game
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

Yep, the extra ones. My copy came with the in-box question book in pristine condition. But drat, that would\'ve been neat to have. 

A handful of games offered extras that you\'d have to send away for, and those are the most difficult things to find today, presumably because so few people actually did that.  One of the holy grails of my collecting (one of the very few at this point) would be the Concentration rebus roll (#3, I think) that was only available via the mail.  It\'s the reason why the first dozen or so editions have a rebus roll number that\'s one off from the edition number.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
$otC Board Game
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
I\'ve been trying to search for a (recent edition) quiz book myself.

I\'ve acquired two American versions (that Work and came with other random quiz books) as well as the Aussie Temptation in college. While the quality is good, the materials are dated and (in the case of the Aussies) not relevant.