Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff  (Read 24938 times)

Jeremy Nelson

GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 12:25:23 AM »
Nice to see some diversity in the GSN schedule. They had gotten fairly stale with the Feud reruns, but Sale and Shop are two good pickups that I hope serve them well.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 01:23:14 AM »

The last few months of $ale got picked up last Spring, now Shop, Syndie $ale, and Blockbusters...is Boden secretly working for GSN again?

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 01:23:42 AM »

The last few months of $ale got picked up last Spring, now Shop, Syndie $ale, and Blockbusters...is Boden secretly working for GSN again?

I want Scrabble with Chuck Woolery on GSN!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »
Nice to see that syndie Sale will pick up at #S-009, rather than simply fill the first eight days with the shows from the marathon. Kudos to GSN for that move, and more applause for picking up the beginning of Shop 'Til You Drop.

Both of these will provide a really good opportunity for episode guides, and to sort out Sale (especially if Tim Holleran's episodes are in this lease). This said, the schedule indicates that #S-016 will be skipped, going from #S-015 on December 10 to #S-017 on the 11th.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:21:08 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 03:17:16 AM »

I want Scrabble with Chuck Woolery on GSN!

Careful what you wish for, my friend.  You just might get it.

Did GSN started getting nice to us or is this some early Christmas gifts for us?  I mean, sure we now have more syndie $ale to look forward to as well as classic BB with Uncle Bill.

Speaking of which, I wonder how our namesake here sees that Bill\'s back after a LOOONNNGGGG spell off of GSN.  The last time I saw Bill was on the original TPIR they aired some 10 years ago.

As for STYD, I wouldn\'t mind it so much IF GSN gets Supermarket Sweep as a companion show.  It would make it sound like the early 90s all over again.

Syndie $ale is nice, but Chuck Woolery Scrabble paired with it is even better!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 04:37:30 AM »
10 years, Craig? Have you watched GSN at any time since then? Blockbusters was on the schedule for quite awhile.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jay Temple

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »

Just on shows that were part of a regular schedule:

• playing at least two versions of Password and The $25,000 Pyramid

• the Game Show Hosts tournament on Card Sharks

• sub-hosting Password Plus

There was also a period of about a month in early 2007 where they had a different show of his each Sunday night, and I think at some point in the past ten years, we\'ve seen the celebrity week on Trivia Trap, where he was the top winner.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

tvmitch

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »

Shop Til You Drop is probably a brilliant acquisition and I\'ll be curious to see the ratings. I bet it will do quite well.

Wouldn\'t it be something if Supermarket Sweep surfaced...

You should follow me on Twitter

Johnissoevil

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »

Speaking of which, I wonder how our namesake here sees that Bill\'s back after a LOOONNNGGGG spell off of GSN.  The last time I saw Bill was on the original TPIR they aired some 10 years ago.

All runs of TPIR have been off GSN for 13 years.  Since that time, GSN has aired Blockbusters, they had Hot Potato on the schedule for about a year in 2000-2001, and again for the 2007 Thanksgiving marathon, and his appearances on Password Plus, Pyramid, and Tattletales.  And even most of those had aired within the past 5 or 6 years.

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »

All runs of TPIR have been off GSN for 13 years.  Since that time, GSN has aired Blockbusters, they had Hot Potato on the schedule for about a year in 2000-2001, and again for the 2007 Thanksgiving marathon, and his appearances on Password Plus, Pyramid, and Tattletales.  And even most of those had aired within the past 5 or 6 years.

Child\'s Play was on the weekend schedule for a while, also.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Johnissoevil

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

Child\'s Play was on the weekend schedule for a while, also.

True, as well as several runs of To Tell the Truth, which featured Bill as a panelist regularly throughout the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

tpirfan28

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

Is MG currently still in the 74-75 era?  Because I think this change bumps it into 76.

/Concentration.

When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

gamed121683

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 08:58:29 PM »

Now if only GSN would pick up $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, with Chuck Woolery. I don\'t care which version it is (1984-1990 or 1993). As long as it is the Chuck Woolery version, I will definitely watch it.

I second this motion! Yet I keep on hearing rumors about how viewers shouldn\'t hold their breath on it because it\'s a \"complicated situation.\" Assuming the rumors are true, I wonder if that situation goes beyond the fact that they have to go through two parties to get the rights (Fremantle & Hasbro).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »

I second this motion! Yet I keep on hearing rumors about how viewers shouldn\'t hold their breath on it because it\'s a \"complicated situation.\" Assuming the rumors are true, I wonder if that situation goes beyond the fact that they have to go through two parties to get the rights (Fremantle & Hasbro).

Speaking as someone who has had to deal with Hasbro professionally: trust me, that\'s plenty enough.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SuperMatch93

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »

Is MG currently still in the 74-75 era?  Because I think this change bumps it into 76.

/Concentration.

It\'s in 76 right now. (Late \'76, I think)

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983