Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff  (Read 25288 times)

LetsGoYankees

GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »

GSN adds Shop \'Til You Drop, BlockBusters and Syndicated Sale of the Century effective December 2nd

http://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=Jp*oMJCWrTYndRZ2b3S*bQ\'>December 2-8

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=91jgOYrbwUFq7fesI88BpQ\'>December 9-15

(From Game Show Follies)

Changes

9am: Blockbusters (Bill Cullen)

10am: Sale of the Century (New to GSN)

12pm & 12:30pm: Shop \'Til You Drop (Pat Finn) (reruns from previous day) (Karn Feud remains December 2nd only)

4pm & 4:30pm: Shop \'Til You Drop (Pat Finn) (New to GSN)

5pm & 5:30pm: Family Feud (Karn)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:16:57 PM by LetsGoYankees »
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

SuperMatch93

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »

I was just thinking the other day that BIll wasn\'t on GSN anymore, so this is good to see.

Also, STYD? 2013 sure has been the year of out-of-nowhere leases.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

jimlangefan

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »

Looking at the episodes numbers, GSN is starting with the beginning of STYD.  Would this be the first Stone Stanley rerun GSN has ever picked up?

TV's Big Dealer

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

They showed one episode in 2006 during the 50 Greatest Countdown.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
Diversify, diversify. I applaud.

Sure beats hours upon hours of Feud. I mean, the show still has drawing power but to me scheduling it as often as GSN does smacks of laziness.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Johnissoevil

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »

Looking at the episodes numbers, GSN is starting with the beginning of STYD.  Would this be the first Stone Stanley rerun GSN has ever picked up?

If you count their one time airing of STYD during the 50 Greatest Game Shows of All Time marathon from 2006, then no.  Good to see syndicated $ale becoming permanent.  And welcome back to the GSN schedule, Uncle Bill!

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »

And as far as Uncle Bill goes, GSN starts with episode 312 (OAD:  2/1/82).

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »

Now if only GSN would pick up $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, with Chuck Woolery. I don\'t care which version it is (1984-1990 or 1993). As long as it is the Chuck Woolery version, I will definitely watch it.

gamed121683

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »

And as far as Uncle Bill goes, GSN starts with episode 312 (OAD:  2/1/82).

Yep, and if I\'m doing the math right, it looks like they picked up the last 60 episodes. As long as I\'m here, are their any new-to-GSN episodes of PYL coming soon? (Just asking. Still a nice AM schedule, regardless).

snowpeck

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

Also of note, the week of 12/9 GSN will be saluting Bob Barker\'s 90th birthday by running 10 episodes total of Match Game in the usual time slot with Barker on the panel.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

weaklink75

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »

I wonder if they might consider picking up Supermarket Sweep reruns to put the old Sweep/STYD duo back together....

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »

By no means was Shop a favorite of mine, but this is refreshing. And the DVR will be going full blast for Block & Sale.

Only thing that could make this better (and look at me name, you know this is coming from me) would be if they jumped PYL to late \'85 where it left off. But I\'ll pick my battles one at a time.

Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:06 PM »

I was just thinking the other day that Bill wasn\'t on GSN anymore, so this is good to see.

They\'ve been absolutely deluged by people who bought and enjoyed Quizmaster, and I\'m basing this statement on absolutely nothing.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »

I think I\'ve said all I needed to say in the other thread about Black Friday, but hot damn, GSN\'s done it again.

I wonder if I\'ll get to see a young Matt O. in broadcast quality? That\'d be nice.

Please let me know where I can mail the award to whomever is making these decisions.

Also of note, the week of 12/9 GSN will be saluting Bob Barker\'s 90th birthday by running 10 episodes total of Match Game in the usual time slot with Barker on the panel.

A shame they couldn\'t get a least one episode of Price, but this is still a wonderful gesture.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:37:26 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Chief-O

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:37 PM »

Nice to see Syndie SOTC won\'t be limited to the upcoming marathon---I\'ll be glued to the run, just as I was to the first 65[? Can\'t remember!] shows GSN ran.

STYD?? Don\'t mind it at all----lots of childhood memories there, too! Wonder how many folks will be watching some of those early eps, saying to themselves, \"That\'s the dude from \"Antiques Roadshow\"!\"

/well, \"Russian Roulette\" is also up there as some of Mark\'s best work

//also hoping GSN picks up \"Supermarket Sweep\"; surprised it hasn\'t happened already

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:44:38 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!