Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28  (Read 14980 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2013, 09:19:16 PM »
My friends who I had Thanksgiving dinner with today had Feud on when I came over. (It was the Harvey stuff.) I had no idea the dick jokes extended to *every damned question* now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
I thought the complaints just came from us. I\'ve got friends who also feel the show is trying too hard with the toilet humor.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »

I ended up watching the Louie episodes first as well, mainly because his episodes aired when I was in high school, and I was just happy Feud was back on the air in some capacity.  But, yeah; for a stand-up comic to basically brush aside a lot of good ad-lib opportunities with a half-giggle, and to walk off the stage as soon as the team won the money, that\'s not cool.

Surprised he even lasted three seasons...

\\heck, surprised Karn lasted three seasons!

Weird...the show has come a LONG way in 14 years with the hosting. And yet, it\'s regressed significantly with the writing. I think if you take the production and writing from the Louie era, the music* from Karn\'s, scoring format of O\'Hurley\'s, and the hosting of Harvey\'s, I\'d go back to watching.

I liked the O\'Hurley set with the family \"living rooms\" in the backdrop...it was actually cool seeing them bring back the poses during the intros around 2008-09.

*Or at least a truly contemporary version of the theme, like they did in \'94. I\'ve never been a fan of them using the Combs theme with such a modernized set, esp. since it\'s the same damn loop over and over again.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Thunder

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »

The only one that I watched was the Celebrity Family Feud, and it was quite depressing to watch Ed McMahon barely able to move around in his erector set suit. I cringed when he went up for the faceoff.

tyshaun1

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2013, 12:41:59 AM »

Weird...the show has come a LONG way in 14 years with the hosting. And yet, it\'s regressed significantly with the writing. I think if you take the production and writing from the Louie era, the music* from Karn\'s, scoring format of O\'Hurley\'s, and the hosting of Harvey\'s, I\'d go back to watching.

*Or at least a truly contemporary version of the theme, like they did in \'94. I\'ve never been a fan of them using the Combs theme with such a modernized set, esp. since it\'s the same damn loop over and over again.

The Louie theme sounds very, very dated now, IMO. It\'s interesting how they\'ve (finally) found a host who can keep the game moving, has good timing, and most importantly, bring out the best in his contestants without scenery chewing, yet they still handicap him with many of the same crutches than began with Karn. What\'s worse, the writers seem to think they\'re the star of the show by not only coming up with questions that can have implied lewd answers, often they use slang they obviously got from Urban Dictionary. If I were Steve, I\'d persuade the producers to steer away from the questionable content, since it\'s plain to see he can run the game just fine without it.

Also, no more forced 4 round games. That is all.

Tyshaun 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:43:57 AM by tyshaun1 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »

If I were Steve, I\'d persuade the producers to steer away from the questionable content, since it\'s plain to see he can run the game just fine without it.

I like how you don\'t even entertain the idea that the questionable content might have been (at least in part) Steve\'s idea, since he\'s the one who gets to benefit from the Funny Surprised Face when \"fart box\" comes up on the board.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 01:47:21 AM »

If I were Steve, I\'d persuade the producers to steer away from the questionable content, since it\'s plain to see he can run the game just fine without it.

I like how you don\'t even entertain the idea that the questionable content might have been (at least in part) Steve\'s idea, since he\'s the one who gets to benefit from the Funny Surprised Face when \"fart box\" comes up on the board.

But nowadays when I watch, his funny surprised face looks more like an http://i.imgflip.com/5a2s9.gif\'>\"Aw jeez, not this *stuff* again\" face. It seems even he realizes how stupid some of the answers/slang the writers put up is. I\'m still amazed at how many slang terms they continue to write up. His best material for me is his family interaction. Some of his funniest moments are dealing with stupid answers more than lewd ones (the recent \"zombie\" incident made its rounds on the fluff news circuit). It\'s run its course. He knows it, the writers/producers don\'t. They\'re going to milk this cow, like a viral celebrity milks their fifteen minutes.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:49:26 AM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

I gotta disagree with the notion that 90% dick jokes were his idea. He\'s not Sinbad with the squeaky-clean humor, but in all the times that I\'ve watched The Kings of Comedy (and that\'s been several times), along with Steve\'s two 90s sitcoms, I\'ve never pegged him as the type to go that lowbrow just to get a laugh. Four-letter words? Yes. Sexual humor? Occasionally. But not 7th grade euphemisms for the male anatomy. I agree with Tyshaun that the writers are apparently looking at Urban Dictionary before tapings...trying too hard there.

Granted, it\'s likely the producers\' call, so if they tell him \"Act shocked when the pastor\'s wife says \'penis\' \", I\'m sure he\'s gonna remember where he gets his paycheck and make the shocked face for the 137th time*.

*That\'s prolly not an exaggeration either

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:57:12 AM by BrandonFG »

tyshaun1

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »

Granted, it\'s likely the producers\' call, so if they tell him \"Act shocked when the pastor\'s wife says \'penis\' \", I\'m sure he\'s gonna remember where he gets his paycheck and make the shocked face for the 137th time*.

*That\'s prolly not an exaggeration either

Thing is, Steve\'s in a position now where if he wanted them to eliminate those types of questions (or at least modify the wordings), he could. Next year\'s his last under contract. We\'ll see what happens. To think, this all started in the first season with a simple \"Fast Money\" question......

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »

It\'s interesting how they\'ve (finally) found a host who can keep the game moving, has good timing,

I wouldn\'t go that far. Edits are relatively easy to spot, and I would guess that they\'re cutting a not insignificant amount of joking around by Steve to fit the show into its running time. It\'s also become more apparant when they take footage of Steve interviewing the families before the game begins and drop it into the middle of a question.

Also, no more forced 4 round games. That is all.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If I\'m correct that they\'re editing out a lot of joking-around time, then I suspect that Steve wouldn\'t have too much trouble filling the half hour if a family made it to Fast Money after the third question.