Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28  (Read 14978 times)

BrandonFG

FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »

It\'s funny how spot on your description of Louie is.  Did you try any of his earlier seasons to see if he was better?

Haha thanks. I actually went with 2001-02 for the opposite reason: to see whether Louie had actually improved over those three years. If I found him mediocre by that point, I can\'t imagine him being better during the first two seasons.

I might watch another episode from 1999 or 2000...again, I didn\'t mind the show itself during the first few seasons (that one strike Triple round blew though), but Louie definitely brought the show to a grinding halt.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »

It\'s funny how spot on your description of Louie is.  Did you try any of his earlier seasons to see if he was better?

Haha thanks. I actually went with 2001-02 for the opposite reason: to see whether Louie had actually improved over those three years. If I found him mediocre by that point, I can\'t imagine him being better during the first two seasons.

I might watch another episode from 1999 or 2000...again, I didn\'t mind the show itself during the first few seasons (that one strike Triple round blew though), but Louie definitely brought the show to a grinding halt.

Toward the end of his hosting stint, Louie didn\'t mumble as much, so that improved. He still acted like he didn\'t want to be there. I also heard through various sources that during commercial breaks, Louie would go sit in a chair and Burton answered questions from the audience. So we have a stand up comedian who wouldn\'t talk to the audience. How ironic.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
And how about the Richard Gordon scandal? Didn\'t that pretty much destroy him?

JMFabiano

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 12:40:28 PM »

Toward the end of his hosting stint, Louie didn\'t mumble as much, so that improved. He still acted like he didn\'t want to be there. I also heard through various sources that during commercial breaks, Louie would go sit in a chair and Burton answered questions from the audience. So we have a stand up comedian who wouldn\'t talk to the audience. How ironic.

Yeah and notice there wasn\'t much interaction other than behind the podium/at Fast Money between Louie and contestants.  At the end of the show, it seemed that the celebrating (or not) family would turn into a background as Louie gave his signoff.  Then he walked off the stage completely.  The other hosts seemed \"closer\" with the contestants. 

/Not counting Ray Combs\' last episode, of course.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:57:25 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »

JakeT

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »

How many times do I have to watch Set for Life, Merv\'s Crosswords or The Moment of Truth to reinforce what I already believed? Dill Pickle Ripple is going to be as bad an idea for an ice cream flavor today as it was 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago.

WHERE CAN I GET DILL PICKLE RIPPLE???  I\'d eat ANYTHING (well, almost anything) that tasted like dill pickle!!!  YUM-YUM...GIVE ME SOME!!

JakeT

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
Well done on missing the point.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »

I think he was trying to be funny/sarcastic.

Although this and the Brianne Leary thing seems like he had one too many Red Bulls.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »
I\'ve noticed on the promos GSN is running for the FF marathon, Louie is not shown or mentioned.

catnap1972

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »

I\'ve noticed on the promos GSN is running for the FF marathon, Louie is not shown or mentioned.

And this is somehow a bad thing?

BillCullen1

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »
No, just an observation. GSN may have done this on purpose.

JMFabiano

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

No, just an observation. GSN may have done this on purpose.

Ah, just like how Scrappy-Doo is treated on DVD sets of series he was on. 

/All two of them

//One of which doesn\'t even mention his name. 

I think he was trying to be funny/sarcastic.

Although this and the Brianne Leary thing seems like he had one too many Red Bulls.

Quiet...god forbid we ruin a chance at a snarky comment! 

The Pyramids

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »

Just watched Louie\'s shows after several years and boy was he a poor fit for the job.

Jay Temple

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

In the American Gladiators episode, one question was something very close to, \"When you step on the scale, name an excuse you might have for why it keeps going up and up.\" The men ended up playing the question, and as soon as that was decided, I predicted that none of them would come up with \"retaining water,\" and the women would steal with that answer. I nailed it.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »

I ended up watching the Louie episodes first as well, mainly because his episodes aired when I was in high school, and I was just happy Feud was back on the air in some capacity.  But, yeah; for a stand-up comic to basically brush aside a lot of good ad-lib opportunities with a half-giggle, and to walk off the stage as soon as the team won the money, that\'s not cool.

Surprised he even lasted three seasons...

\\heck, surprised Karn lasted three seasons!

Anthony

You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™