Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28  (Read 14959 times)

weaklink75

FF Thanksgiving Marathon 11/28
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:56:16 PM »

They acquired a couple of eps of Louie Anderson Feud and an episode of the Al Roker-hosted Celebrity Family Feud for this marathon, so they\'ve got all seven hosts for the first time (each of the first 6 hosts gets an hour, then the last 6 hours will be Harvey eps)

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/11/12/gsn-brings-the-family-together-with-a-fully-stuffed-family-feud-marathon-airing-from-800-am-800-pm-et-on-thanksgiving-day-622212/20131112gsn01/\'>http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/11/12/gsn-brings-the-family-together-with-a-fully-stuffed-family-feud-marathon-airing-from-800-am-800-pm-et-on-thanksgiving-day-622212/20131112gsn01/

JMFabiano

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »

then the last 6 hours will be Harvey eps)

...because you need your wieners after you had your turkey. 

This marathon is covered in the $otC syndicated thread also.  Another nice move by GSN (along with the aforementioned syndie Sale marathon the day after...).  Hope we get Dawson and Combs back on the schedule as a result. 

Not that I care, but what would have been the ease of them getting the GS Marathon Feud episode?  Would Dawson \'94 count as another run?  (we have him in his prime already anyway, so not a biggie...)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:03:24 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »

Hope we get Dawson and Combs back on the schedule as a result. 

I wouldn\'t count on it, given GSN\'s current direction of mostly recent shows.  But then you never know, they did pick up $ale earlier this year.

Not that I care, but what would have been the ease of them getting the GS Marathon Feud episode?

It\'s possible that Fremantle will only lease that to GSN if they were to lease the entire marathon, and that includes TPIR, which is a no-no as per CBS management.

Would Dawson \'94 count as another run?  (we have him in his prime already anyway, so not a biggie...)

I would\'ve taken two episodes of that over Louie and, to a lesser extent, Karn.

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »

Regarding the TPIR no-no...is it true that LMAD now falls under that as well?  Did Hall reruns disappear off of GSN just as the Brady version was to debut? 

And yeah, I guess it would be too shocking for GSN viewers to realize that Feud was funny without rated-R answers at one point. 

Johnissoevil

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »

Regarding the TPIR no-no...is it true that LMAD now falls under that as well?  Did Hall reruns disappear off of GSN just as the Brady version was to debut? 

I hadn\'t heard anything about LMAD.  An uncited part (grain of salt statement, people) of the Wikipedia article for GSN claimed that Fremantle included PYL and LMAD in the deal the last time the network renewed the lease for the entire Goodson-Todman library, despite neither show being a G-T production, and when GSN went the ala carte route in 2009, LMAD and PYL (which has since returned to the schedule) disappeared with the rest of the library that they did not renew.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:11:21 PM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »

I hadn\'t heard anything about LMAD.  An uncited part (grain of salt statement, people) of the Wikipedia article for GSN claimed that Fremantle included PYL and LMAD in the deal the last time the network renewed the lease for the entire Goodson-Todman library, despite neither show being a G-T production, and when GSN went the ala carte route in 2009, LMAD and PYL (which has since returned to the schedule) disappeared with the rest of the library that they did not renew.

I forget where, but it was a speculative message board post, so I was looking for more concrete statements.  CBS does seem stingy with its reruns of ongoing daytime shows...didn\'t they pull their content off of SoapNet too?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:03:51 PM by JMFabiano »

gamed121683

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
Well, it won\'t matter much for SoapNet will kick the bucket after the holidays. Additionally, Y&R is now on the TV Guide network, which is now partly owned by guess who?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:54:41 PM by gamed121683 »

The Pyramids

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:28 PM »

And yeah, I guess it would be too shocking for GSN viewers to realize that Feud was funny without rated-R answers at one point. 

I stopped watching the show two years ago being disappointed in the writing. Unlike \'TPIR\' (like I said in a recent post) I have yet to return. Post like yours tell me its not safe to go back.

Regarding the marathon, I would have liked to have seen a Combs celebrity \'TPIR\' vs. \'Y&R\' show. Still it will be good to see Ray again.  I\'m looking the most forward to seeing Louie\'s shows because there will probably be a number of beautiful women on.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:40:15 PM by PaulD »

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 11:24:41 PM »

Oh goody, What\'s My Line and I\'ve Got a Secret are returning again. So, I looked at the PDF\'s and lo and behold it does say that some episodes of I\'ve Got A Secret (I believe the last two) are \"New\". How? Were they recently discovered? Were they public domain and Fremantle recently re-aquire the rights? Interesting. Or perhaps it is just a misprint.

All in all, great news.

It\'d be greater if we could get some Winston-era episodes of IGAS.

/Oh, is this horse that I\'m beating dead?

//Maybe I should stop.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:25:54 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

Oh goody, What\'s My Line and I\'ve Got a Secret are returning again. So, I looked at the PDF\'s and lo and behold it does say that some episodes of I\'ve Got A Secret (I believe the last two) are \"New\". How? Were they recently discovered? Were they public domain and Fremantle recently re-aquire the rights? Interesting. Or perhaps it is just a misprint.

It\'d be greater if we could get some Winston-era episodes of IGAS.

Unfortunately, this appears to be a mistake.  The two I\'ve Got a Secret episodes that are identified as \"new\" are Bristol-Myers sponsored episodes that have aired on GSN.  Clips from each show are available on YouTube with the GSN logo on display.

The What\'s My Line? episode are not recently just found, just never before seen on GSN.

I actually meant to have this on the other thread. Oops

As always, I am confused by your comments.  The WML? episodes aren\'t listed as being \"new\", only the IGAS episodes are.  There\'s also no evidence on the PDFs to support your claim that the episodes were \"not recently just found\", so this appears to be something you\'re just making up.  Again.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »

If memory serves me correctly, I do believe that was the case.

As for the FF Thanksgiving package, except for Dawson \'94, it include ALL the regular hosts of the show. I\'ll avoid the Louie hour. Looking forward to seeing Dawson and Combs again. Nice move by GSN. Plus WML and IGAS returning for the holidays. More good news.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:31:58 PM by BillCullen1 »

chad1m

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »

I\'ll avoid the Louie hour

I think people \"avoiding the Louie hour\" should watch it, if only to see if their opinion from years ago changes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »

I think people \"avoiding the Louie hour\" should watch it, if only to see if their opinion from years ago changes.

No, based on everything I\'ve seen Louie Anderson do before or since his Feud stint, I\'m reasonably sure I will continue to find him extremely shrill and annoying.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »

I get that you\'re averse to offering criticism to anyone or anything in the game show sphere, but I assure you that if there\'s anything that deserves to be called awful, it is Louie Anderson\'s performance on Feud.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »

It\'s been 12 years, but I watched Feud on a fairly regular basis back then*. My opinion at 19 was that he mumbled, seemed disinterested, and couldn\'t ad-lib to commercial to save his life. I may watch an episode on Youtube tonight, but I\'d be surprised if my opinion on his mediocrity has changed at 31. The MadTV sketches mocking him and the show weren\'t too far off the mark...

*At least until the local station airing it at the time shuttled it to 2:30 am

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:24:12 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!