Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century Syndicated  (Read 51779 times)

snowpeck

$ale of the Century Syndicated
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

Unless I\'m much mistaken, this will be the first time a Louie Anderson episode of Feud will have aired on GSN, correct?

Yes. I suspect like their one airing of \'Match Game \'98\' last Christmas it does not mean they are contemplating putting it on regularly. 

Lord, let\'s hope not. Although, I can certainly see them adding syndie $OTC at some point. The 88/89 episodes seemed to have done well enough in the ratings to warrant an additional pickup (and by some accounts, the syndie run was the only other option for additional episodes.)

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

Unless I\'m much mistaken, this will be the first time a Louie Anderson episode of Feud will have aired on GSN, correct?

Yes. I suspect like their one airing of \'Match Game \'98\' last Christmas it does not mean they are contemplating putting it on regularly. 

Lord, let\'s hope not. Although, I can certainly see them adding syndie $OTC at some point. The 88/89 episodes seemed to have done well enough in the ratings to warrant an additional pickup (and by some accounts, the syndie run was the only other option for additional episodes.)

I thought that whole \"Everything of daytime Sale before Fall \'88 was wiped\" rumor was pretty much debunked at some point...

snowpeck

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »

I thought that whole \"Everything of daytime Sale before Fall \'88 was wiped\" rumor was pretty much debunked at some point...

The source of the rumor was someone who actually worked on the show (the late Mitt Dawson) and all anybody else could come up with for the other side was that they doubted its validity. There\'s never been any proof one way or the other.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:22:49 PM by snowpeck »
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 04:15:53 PM »

The first time I ever got to watch a taping of a game show from in the booth was an episode of Louie\'s Feud.  Lord, what a surly, surly man.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

Thanksgiving:  Will definitely fire up the DVR for the Dawson and Combs episodes.  I\'d fire it up for the O\'Hurley episodes, too, but that\'s already on there regularly, and Harvey is on there all the time.  Anderson and Karn...bleh.

Black Friday:  Thank you for this great treat, GSN.

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

The source of the rumor was someone who actually worked on the show (the late Mitt Dawson) and all anybody else could come up with for the other side was that they doubted its validity. There\'s never been any proof one way or the other.

For what it\'s worth, every single episode of $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, exists. Both 1984-1990 and 1993 runs.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:18:03 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

Bryce L.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »

For what it\'s worth, every single episode of $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, exists. Both 1984-1990 and 1993 runs.

, every single episode of $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, exists. Both 1984-1990 and 1993 runs.

I personally made that same argument when this topic came up on a Facebook discussion group I\'m in... why would Grundy keep one show and not the other?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:03 AM »

Oh, lordy, this could be embarrassing...

No more so than Jenningspardy, respectfully.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 09:55:04 AM »

Also of note, that Saturday, GSN is airing the final episode of Password Plus as well.

Odd that they\'re going back from 801 (the final ep) to 790 (from just a couple of weeks before).  Did GSN not air that week in their current run?

If 790 is the last ep. from the Jack Narz/Steven Ford week, it just aired on October 19.  The Narz/Ford week was shown in its entirety.

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »

Also of note, that Saturday, GSN is airing the final episode of Password Plus as well.

Odd that they\'re going back from 801 (the final ep) to 790 (from just a couple of weeks before).  Did GSN not air that week in their current run?

If 790 is the last ep. from the Jack Narz/Steven Ford week, it just aired on October 19. The Narz/Ford week was shown in its entirety.

The PDF lists it as Edie McClurg/Gene Rayburn.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »

If 790 is the last ep. from the Jack Narz/Steven Ford week, it just aired on October 19. The Narz/Ford week was shown in its entirety.

The PDF lists it as Edie McClurg/Gene Rayburn.

Going through my DVR, this makes some sense.  GSN showed 6 eps. with McClurg and Rayburn, starting on 10/20.

cyclone45

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

Interesting to note, is that Buzzerblog hasn\'t reported this huge news yet. Alex is usually right on top of this!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »

Interesting to note, is that Buzzerblog hasn\'t reported this huge news yet. Alex is usually right on top of this!

It\'s not really huge news though.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

, every single episode of $ale\'s sister show, Scrabble, exists. Both 1984-1990 and 1993 runs.

I personally made that same argument when this topic came up on a Facebook discussion group I\'m in... why would Grundy keep one show and not the other?

I guess it\'s just one of life\'s mysteries that will remain unsolved forever.

But you know what? I just don\'t care anymore if Mitt Dawson was correct in his statement or not. After hearing about the entire 1983-1984 Dream House run destroyed in a flood, I have pretty much moved on from that phase. To quote the title of a popular Beatles song, \"Let it Be\".

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:40:41 PM by BrandonFG »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »
He must not be a master.
Travis L. Eberle