Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century Syndicated  (Read 51291 times)

gsfan85

$ale of the Century Syndicated
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just had a look at the PDF\'s for around Thanksgiving for GSN, and it looks like Syndicated $ale of the Century is coming, with an 8 episode marathon on Black Friday!

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=-XbCvwN2hqclMLwVL416Qg\'>https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=-XbCvwN2hqclMLwVL416Qg

It also appears that a Family Feud marathon on Thanksgiving will feature literally every version of the show.

Some great classic game show news!

-Adam

Bryce L.

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »

Unless I\'m much mistaken, this will be the first time a Louie Anderson episode of Feud will have aired on GSN, correct?

jimlangefan

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just had a look at the PDF\'s for around Thanksgiving for GSN, and it looks like Syndicated $ale of the Century is coming, with an 8 episode marathon on Black Friday!

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=-XbCvwN2hqclMLwVL416Qg\'>https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=-XbCvwN2hqclMLwVL416Qg

It also appears that a Family Feud marathon on Thanksgiving will feature literally every version of the show.

Some great classic game show news!

-Adam

Not only is it the syndicated episodes, it\'s the first 8 of them!!  I know GSN leases episodes for specials, but is $ale doing well enough that we could see a new lease come next April or so?

Also of note, that Saturday, GSN is airing the final episode of Password Plus as well.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:21:12 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »

Unless I\'m much mistaken, this will be the first time a Louie Anderson episode of Feud will have aired on GSN, correct?

As far as I know, yes.

Pretty cool that a game show centered around shopping is airing on the biggest shopping day of the year. Nice work GSN...

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:58:57 PM »

Not only is it the syndicated episodes, it\'s the first 8 of them!!

Wait, GSN has access to the first syndicated season of Sale of the Century?  Oh, lordy, this could be embarrassing...

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Bryce L.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 11:22:58 PM »

Wait, GSN has access to the first syndicated season of Sale of the Century?  Oh, lordy, this could be embarrassing...

Not that embarrassing, I thought you played a competitive game that day...

jimlangefan

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »

Unless GSN starts airing the syndie episodes permanently, you don\'t have to worry, lol. I thought you did pretty good as well.

TV's Big Dealer

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

Also of note, that Saturday, GSN is airing the final episode of Password Plus as well.

Odd that they\'re going back from 801 (the final ep) to 790 (from just a couple of weeks before).  Did GSN not air that week in their current run?

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

Wow. GSN has been on FIRE these past two years. They\'ve seemingly found a great medium/in-between of classic acquisitions, modern acquisitions, and originals. Yeah, Family Feud over-saturated the schedule, but they\'ve made some great decisions otherwise. Their marathons have been great. The Dick Clark Memorial Marathon, The Richard Dawson Memorial Marathon with an episode of FF \'94, and The Match Game Anniversary Christmas Marathon with MG \'98 and a Convy pilot. It\'s just such a joy to watch the network now. A feeling I haven\'t had since 2009.

I can\'t wait to see Anderson FF. I don\'t think I\'ve seen an episode on actual television in at least eight years. And this will the first time Ray Combs\' Feud will be on the network in quite some time. And again, it will be great to see more episodes of Sale of the Century in broadcast quality for the first time in 20 years (or round about).

I hope they do the What\'s My Line?/I\'ve Got a Secret block again this December and I can\'t wait to see what they do for Christmas. It might be special, it might not be, but the network has gained my interest and that\'s the important part. Next thing you know, we\'ll be hearing about Tattletales coming back to the network.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:14:57 AM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:33 AM »

I wish Comcast hadn\'t dropped the analog GSN channel.  Just when it\'s starting to get good again.  How coincidental that GSN will air Syndie $ale on Black Friday.  As far as Matt O\'s concerned, he can rest easy knowing this will be the first 8 syndie episodes.

If GSN can surprise us with MG last Christmas, why not some Tattletales \'74 this Christmas with a pilot or two?

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:32 AM »
Interesting that nighttime Sale used the same production code style as nighttime Wheel.

Unless I'm much mistaken, this will be the first time a Louie Anderson episode of Feud will have aired on GSN, correct?
I'm pretty sure it is, yes. I'm pretty sure it's also the first time GSN's going to be airing an Al Roker episode.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:39:14 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 04:35:46 AM »

Interesting...all celebrity versions too, it looks like.  Only Harvey doesn\'t have one....but then again, all they have to pick from would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9VGGrhH7M8

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:35:57 AM »

Interesting...all celebrity versions too, it looks like.  Only Harvey doesn\'t have one....but then again, all they have to pick from would be:

Except not.

/GSG and the GSF still don\'t mix

//you think we\'d realize that by now
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

catnap1972

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 07:29:46 AM »

For all we know they might have a new lease of $ale ready to go on December 2nd and this is just a teaser.  When you think about it, why would they put 8 new (to you) episodes on for a marathon when they had 13 weeks they could\'ve easily used?

The Pyramids

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 11:46:02 AM »

Yes. I suspect like their one airing of \'Match Game \'98\' last Christmas it does not mean they are contemplating putting it on regularly.