Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Classics in HD?  (Read 3991 times)

JonSea31

GSN Classics in HD?
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »
I noticed, since last Friday, after recording a few classic shows, that the stretching of the screen appears to be prevalent with the pre-2005 material now.  This could mean that GSN may likely be HD-friendly in full force now.  Does anyone else notice this?

Also, interesting to note, when I recorded and converted an episode of $ale of the Century to iPod size since Friday (commercials being trimmed out, of course), the file size is smaller (it used to be around 55 to 65 MB, but now it seems to be just under 50 MB.  I can possibly allow for storing 2 or 3 additional episodes onto a DVD nowadays.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: GSN Classics in HD?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
I have the HD feed of Match Game playing on my TV right now, and there is none of the problems you speak of. Have you used the TV remote to make sure the image is not stretched or squeezed?

In short, the image is being presented exactly as it should be, if I was watching the SD feed right now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:40:41 AM by Vahan_Nisanian »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
This could mean that GSN may likely be HD-friendly in full force now.

If they are stretching content on their own, then I seriously question your definition of "HD-friendly."

That said, what Vahan said. If he's seeing it in properly-black-barred aspect ratio, it's likely a setting on your TV is screwed up.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »
This could mean that GSN may likely be HD-friendly in full force now.

If they are stretching content on their own, then I seriously question your definition of "HD-friendly."

That said, what Vahan said. If he's seeing it in properly-black-barred aspect ratio, it's likely a setting on your TV is screwed up.

Uh, they have done this with Karn Feud many times. Karn's Feud never was HD, and they've stretched it numerous times on the HD feed. Same for Chain Reaction(Lane) and some others.

That could also explain why it looks funky at times on the SD feed. O'Hurley Feud especially, would looked "stretched" even with the black bars.

JonSea31

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »
I did notice some uploads of recently aired Super Password episodes on the Web, and apparently he never had a stretched screen.  Yep, I think it's safe to assume I may have accidentally pushed a button to stretch the screen.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.