Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker to return to Price on December 12  (Read 42166 times)

Matt Ottinger

Barker to return to Price on December 12
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

William Keck of TV Guide is reporting that the show plans a week-long tribute to Bob on the occasion of his 90th birthday, including an appearance by The Man Himself on Friday.

http://www.tvguide.com/authors/william-keck/\'>Story

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »

William Keck of TV Guide is reporting that the show plans a week-long tribute to Bob on the occasion of his 90th birthday, including an appearance by The Man Himself on Friday.

http://www.tvguide.com/authors/william-keck/\'>Story

On one hand he\'s a hypocrite for going back to the show based on comments he\'s made regarding animal related prizes.

On the other hand, they are stroking his ego giving him a week-long tribute.

Go figure

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:56:24 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »

Interesting...they omit the man from their 40th anniversary celebration, but throw him a week-long 90th birthday party. I guess they had to make up for the \"not a snub\" somehow.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »

And Mike\'s already inviting Bob to make an appearance on his 100th birthday.  Could very well happen, the guy is a vegan and always addresses medical issues without wasting time.

/No, I\'m not trying to imply that he\'ll live forever

//But I wouldn\'t wish death on anyone, regardless of whether they have an ego or not

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

cyclone45

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »

Everybody that read my post on the old forum, knows my feeling on this...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
And those who didn\'t, don\'t.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »

And some who almost certainly did don\'t remember.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:32:22 PM »

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/How+I+feel+when+I+post+something+on+Face.+Basically_1ba236_3187047.jpg\'>Posting something on a message board.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:12:27 AM »

Refresh please.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MTCesquire

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »

Or don\'t.  I vote for don\'t.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »

Or don\'t.  I vote for don\'t.

Generally I don\'t like to tell people not to express themselves; I prefer to needle them after the fact for what they said. In this case I\'m willing to be swayed.
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »

Interesting...they omit the man from their 40th anniversary celebration, but throw him a week-long 90th birthday party. I guess they had to make up for the \"not a snub\" somehow.

That didn\'t hold water as much as people think the first time.  Didn\'t they show classic clips on the anniversary...with Bob in plain sight?  It\'s not like they did what he had done to Holly, etc, and blurred him out or anything, or skip his episodes (which would be ridiculous of course, but I\'d be tickled if they had flashbacks with only Dennis, Tom, and Doug).

The \"erasing Bob\" story is way out of proportion.  I mean, they mention his name at the beginning of EVERY FRIGGIN\' EPISODE (albeit in reference to the studio) and still use a variant on his catchphrase at the end of the show. 

That said, it will be good to see Bob the onstage performer again.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:24:16 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
It\'s also been mentioned now on local news and tabloid shows, like E News. No doubt that Barker\'s appearance on TPIR will get good ratings and YouTube hits.

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 02:20:32 PM »

That didn\'t hold water as much as people think the first time.  Didn\'t they show classic clips on the anniversary...with Bob in plain sight?  It\'s not like they did what he had done to Holly, etc, and blurred him out or anything, or skip his episodes (which would be ridiculous of course, but I\'d be tickled if they had flashbacks with only Dennis, Tom, and Doug).

The \"erasing Bob\" story is way out of proportion.  I mean, they mention his name at the beginning of EVERY FRIGGIN\' EPISODE (albeit in reference to the studio) and still use a variant on his catchphrase at the end of the show. 

Umm...I was being slightly tongue in cheek.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »

Umm...I was being slightly tongue in cheek.

Fair enough...

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.