Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I got the call from Million Second Quiz.  (Read 17112 times)

BillCullen1

I got the call from Million Second Quiz.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
Good luck to the OP. I\'m Tivoing this so I can watch when I get home later tonight. Who knows, this could be the next sensation like \"Millionaire\" was back in \'99.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

Good luck to the OP. I\'m Tivoing this so I can watch when I get home later tonight. Who knows, this could be the next sensation like \"Millionaire\" was back in \'99.

At the rate they\'re going, that seems unlikely. Have you actually read this thread?

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »
Millionaire had a couple of stumbles with question writing in the early going but there was a good strong game that was fun to watch. Megasecond Quiz is now a 10-night event (wasn\'t it billed as 12 originally?) and we\'ve missed out on fully one-eighth of it for unknown reasons. Duel did multiple choice quizzing against an opponent and wrapped a decent enough game around it.
Travis L. Eberle

goongas

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
I got the call to play tomorrow.  They will resume the live stream supposedly after the tv show airs tonight.  The winner of the finale gets $2,000,000 more.

J.R.

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »

Watching this now...

Really not thrilled that the \"TV\" contestant can make money just twiddling his/her thumbs between all the \"extra\" stuff (commercial breaks, challenger intros, etc).

-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »

Really not thrilled that the \"TV\" contestant can make money just twiddling his/her thumbs between all the \"extra\" stuff (commercial breaks, challenger intros, etc).

They had to win a match to get there. Think of it as a bonus.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gamed121683

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »

And yes, that\'s STILL more work than a Kardashian can ever claim.

J.R.

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »

Fair point. Didn\'t consider that.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:49:12 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

KWJCDon

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »

This show is so confusing...

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »

The show isn\'t that confusing.  They just didn\'t bother to hand-hold you through the rules.  They\'re pretty straightforward though:

• The question values increase every 100 seconds, though the producers might fudge this for good TV.

• Instead of answering a question, if neither player has locked in, you can dare your opponent to answer (for double the dol points), who can double-dare you back.  Note to staffers who are reading this (and I know they are): This isn\'t innovating.  They were doing this on Nickelodeon in 1986.

• The last TV bout of the night sees the player on the chair play one of the four leaders for all the money in their pots, as well as getting in the chair.  The loser goes home with nothing.  This lets them load their photogenic contestants at the right hours so they can have \"the beautiful people\" on TV and in winner\'s row.

EDIT: -- side note, I\'m leaving the stream on overnight to see if it stays up.  Going to throw it on the 42\" and dream of dreams.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:02:30 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

KWJCDon

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:12 PM »

Thanks for that!

Dumb question. At the end of the show it says it was edited for broadcast. How do you edit a live show? LOL

J.R.

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »

Okay, I\'ll admit: The last couple minutes of that bout were legit intense. Even if it was way overstretched on the last question.

-Joe Raygor

chad1m

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »

Million Second Quiz is a spectacle for sure. But if viewership doesn\'t stick around, they truly only have themselves to blame. You can\'t jump headfirst into a new show with apparently more curves than Kim Kardashian and explain none of them.

Also the live feed is back, Seacrest is hosting it for now, and they\'re at 500 seconds per quiz with no strange lifelines and one point per question always. I assume. I don\'t know for sure. I thought I knew what was going on with the show before it started but that was thrown out the window.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:10:49 PM by chad1m »

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »

Watching the first on-line bout.  Values aren\'t increased, no doublers,  and yeah, the beautiful people were booked for the prime time spots.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Robbo

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
Anybody have trouble plaing along?  Whatever mobile device you are using needed to be synced up with the tv audio.  Tired my IPad with no luck, was able to sync up my Android phone.  Even with that, the first couple of questions of each bout kept freezing.  Also when they gave stats after the first game, there was only about 30 playing (or so they said).

Weren\'t they going to take the highest scores amongst the people playing live at home, or has that plan also fallen by the wayside?