Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The $25,000 Pyramid 9/6/13 Question  (Read 3071 times)

MTCesquire

The $25,000 Pyramid 9/6/13 Question
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »

I\'m enjoying a wonderful day off today so I\'m choosing to spend part of it watching GSN (because for some strange reason LMaD didn\'t come on today but anyway...).  So I\'m watching Pyramid and I get distracted for a bit and miss a good chunk of the first game.  By the time I got a chance to really sit down with the show the game ends with a 21-21 tie, but instead of going to a tie-breaker for $5,000, BOTH teams went to the Winner\'s Circle.  Why in the hell did that happen?  I really hope I\'m not the only one who watched today because I\'m so lost!

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »

I\'m enjoying a wonderful day off today so I\'m choosing to spend part of it watching GSN (because for some strange reason LMaD didn\'t come on today but anyway...).  So I\'m watching Pyramid and I get distracted for a bit and miss a good chunk of the first game.  By the time I got a chance to really sit down with the show the game ends with a 21-21 tie, but instead of going to a tie-breaker for $5,000, BOTH teams went to the Winner\'s Circle.  Why in the hell did that happen?  I really hope I\'m not the only one who watched today because I\'m so lost!

AFAIK, they\'re doing Blind People\'s Week; that may have something to do with it.

Tyshaun

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:47:39 PM by tyshaun1 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »
So that means they haven\'t picked up new episodes since some time last year when I dropped GSN.

That was it; Dick didn\'t want one of the players to lose out on a chance to go to the winner\'s circle since they were both so good. The two contestants split the 21-21 bonus money and each got a chance to climb the Pyramid for $10,000.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »

US Open Tennis preempted some CBS daytime shows.  LMAD\'s time slot is 2pm, so stations were left to program for themselves if they choose to show LMAD earlier.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »

I think the US Open pre-empted ALL of CBS\'s daytime shows....Started at 11am (EST) and ran through the rest of the afternoon.....And as you said, Jimmy, the CBS stations were left to fill the hour filled by LMAD..I think our CBS station filled it with infomercials.

MTCesquire

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »

So that means they haven\'t picked up new episodes since some time last year when I dropped GSN.

That was it; Dick didn\'t want one of the players to lose out on a chance to go to the winner\'s circle since they were both so good. The two contestants split the 21-21 bonus money and each got a chance to climb the Pyramid for $10,000.

That was awfully nice of him to do that.  Mystery solved, thanks.  Next time I\'ll pay closer attention. :-)

I think the US Open pre-empted ALL of CBS\'s daytime shows....Started at 11am (EST) and ran through the rest of the afternoon.....And as you said, Jimmy, the CBS stations were left to fill the hour filled by LMAD..I think our CBS station filled it with infomercials.

Here in Richmond, VA we were \"treated\" to an Ellen rerun in the 10am slot normally held by LMaD.  I didn\'t realize why until, like you all said, CBS announced the pre-emption of their daytime lineup (with the exception of Price; that aired like normal at 11) for the US Open after the noon news.  Didn\'t matter to me because I flipped it to Millionaire at 12:30.  My grandmother was a bit bummed because she had to settle for Days of our Lives instead of her usual Y&R and B&B though.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:31:58 PM by MTCesquire »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »

I don\'t know if they did it this time but usually when this happens, especially since they reacquired it, our local CBS affiliate airs Judge Judy in the 10 AM hour.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:26 PM »
And wouldn\'t Price is Right be a rerun anyway?
Travis L. Eberle