Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TheBox.bz closing  (Read 19342 times)

nowhammies10

Re: TheBox.bz closing
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »
Hola works pretty great if you also are using AdBlock.

I've been using AdBlock for so long, I didn't even know Hola displayed ads.

tvmitch

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
May have mentioned it before in a thread, but I use ibVPN for UK streaming and for other privacy purposes...sometimes I do quite a bit of work while on public wi-fi like at Starbucks, and I can login to my VPN there to encrypt my traffic. When ibVPN have their occasional 50% off sale, you can get their top tier service for something like $45/year. I've used them for 2-3 years now and have nothing bad to say, except needing to swap servers very occasionally when they get overloaded.
You should follow me on Twitter

Kniwt

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »
Now, TheBox appears to be really closing for good. The day after they "closed" last time, they simply moved to a cryptic non-.uk domain name, and they apparently got rid of some undesirable types and those with low ratios, and membership was by invite only.

But after almost a year, they say they're gone for good as of August 1. The loss of access to classic UK material, much of which was never released on home video (especially in the USA), will be sad.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
they apparently got rid of some undesirable types and those with low ratios, and membership was by invite only.

Oh.

/I had a high ratio
@lambertman

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »
From a game show standpoint, the only shows which have been regularly offered at the site have been most of the first series of Blockbusters, Countdown, and Deal or No Deal.  Both Countdown and Deal can be seen through Channel 4's web site with the Hola plug-in on Chrome.

jimlangefan

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 03:12:56 PM »
After thebox.bz closed the first time, I found tvchaos.uk and they are really good at capping most of the UK game shows daily and weekly.  I believe right now, it is invite only but if you can get in it's worth it! I'm still trying to find an Australian TV Torrent site.  Anybody know of one?
TV's Big Dealer

WhammyPower

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
I'm still trying to find an Australian TV Torrent site.  Anybody know of one?
Check your PM box (if it works)

jimlangefan

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »
I'm still trying to find an Australian TV Torrent site.  Anybody know of one?
Check your PM box (if it works)

Got it!  Thanks for your help!!
TV's Big Dealer

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
After thebox.bz closed the first time, I found tvchaos.uk and they are really good at capping most of the UK game shows daily and weekly.  I believe right now, it is invite only but if you can get in it's worth it! I'm still trying to find an Australian TV Torrent site.  Anybody know of one?
tasmanit.es is the old Diwana.  The only current show capped there is Family Feud.