Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker Productions, Inc.  (Read 3386 times)

14gameshows

Bob Barker Productions, Inc.
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:53:53 PM »

Found a something interesting on Ebay,  a check from Bob Barker Productions Inc. 

Was Bob pitching shows back in the day to networks?

*edited

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:16:39 PM by 14gameshows »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 01:36:17 AM »
The link keeps redirecting to the topic. Fix it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 03:10:02 AM »

Bob got at least one game show on the air locally, \"Lucky Pair\" in the early 1970s. It also occurs to me that it may have been Bob\'s corporate identity for the touring \"Fun and Games Show\" that he did during the \'70s and \'80s.

Another possibility is that it\'s just a \"dummy company\" that Bob used as a tax shelter.

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »

In doing some digging in Broadcasting magazine, Bob Barker Productions was indeed the shingle he used to produce \"Lucky Pair.\" In the 12/23/68 issue there\'s mention of KNXT adding a second game from Barker called \"Educated Guess,\" while a 1969 article mentions \"The Bob Barker Show\" and \"The News Game\" being in development. There\'s also mention of an attempt to syndicate \"Lucky Pair\" nationally in 1971.

/Sorry for being such a research geek.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:20:34 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Don Howard

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

In doing some digging in Broadcasting magazine, Bob Barker Productions was indeed the shingle he used to produce \"Lucky Pair.\" In the 12/23/68 issue there\'s mention of KNXT adding a second game from Barker called \"Educated Guess,\" while a 1969 article mentions \"The Bob Barker Show\" and \"The News Game\" being in development. There\'s also mention of an attempt to syndicate \"Lucky Pair\" nationally in 1971.

/Sorry for being such a research geek.

No need to be sorry. This is good information and why this board is here. Thanks for those.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Bob Barker Productions also did the Pillsbury Bake-Off.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck