Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN On Demand  (Read 4516 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN On Demand
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
What exactly is it we want?
Travis L. Eberle

catnap1972

GSN On Demand
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »

Anything decent that\'s not on the network right now?

Then again, that whole licensing thing might mean they\'ll just repurpose what they already have access to...

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
GSN On Demand
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »

As a cord-cutter with a 20mb connection, there are certain (unlikely) things that could result from this to prompt a \"take my money NOW\" response.  In all seriousness, I would pay to subscribe to this service ala carte if they went fanboy with this.

That said:

GSN On Demand will feature classic library titles like Minute to Win it

makes me accept reality very quickly.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN On Demand
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »

As a cord-cutter with a 20mb connection, there are certain (unlikely) things that could result from this to prompt a \"take my money NOW\" response.  In all seriousness, I would pay to subscribe to this service ala carte if they went fanboy with this.

what would you pay for 19 minutes of content, or episode packs of whatever size?

In realizing that I use about 10% of the channels on my plan I decided to downsize, thinking I would pay for episodes of Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, then came the happy realization that AMC is on the Clusters Tier of service. If the Tivo did what I said, I\'ll have Top Shot and Cutthroat Kitchen on it tonight, too.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
GSN On Demand
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »

Depends on what\'s on offer.  Also depends on advertising.  I have a Netflix subscription and not a Hulu Plus subscription for a reason.  (Dear Hulu: Create a tier where you charge me $x more and let me turn off the ads.)

As much as this tattoos me, yes, I would probably be willing to, for example, pay to have any-time access to the entire run of Pass The Buck.  But honestly, what I really want is to just drink from the firehose.  I\'m willing to pay far more than a reasonable person should to do so, because I enjoy old stuff that isn\'t mass marketable.

Like I said, there are certain unlikely scenarios that would prompt a \"take my money now\" response.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN On Demand
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
The one thing that would deter me is an issue with Netflix: stuff disappears without warning, and I\'m left out to dry because I didn\'t finish whatever series in time.

I thank you for a well thought answer and hope it is the springboard to an interesting conversation.
Travis L. Eberle

trainman

GSN On Demand
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »
I\'d expect GSN On Demand to appear first on DirecTV, but nothing yet. (But then again, DirecTV still doesn\'t have GSN in HD, despite owning a significant chunk of the channel...)
trainman is a man of trains

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
GSN On Demand
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »
I have it on Comcast.  Two episodes of MTWI and BAGGAGE and all of AmBC is all that\'s available.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

GSN On Demand
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »

I have it on Comcast. Two episodes of MTWI and BAGGAGE and all of AmBC is all that\'s available.

If it\'s anything like the other cable nets on demand, it\'s usually only the most recent primetime stuff available.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Johnissoevil

GSN On Demand
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 11:57:28 PM »

I\'d expect GSN On Demand to appear first on DirecTV, but nothing yet. (But then again, DirecTV still doesn\'t have GSN in HD, despite owning a significant chunk of the channel...)

Sony is the majority owner with 58%, DirecTV now only has 42%.

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN On Demand
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »

By pretty much anyone\'s yardstick, 42% is still \"a significant chunk.\"

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
GSN On Demand
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
Here\'s what could be useful for those of us on directv: Some of the channels not carried in HD actually do have HD offerings available on demand. The new Pivot channel is one example. So maybe we\'ll be able to get something like The Chase in HD through VOD.