Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Schedule Changes (7/15)  (Read 7892 times)

LetsGoYankees

Daytime Schedule Changes (7/15)
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »

According to Zap2It for July 15th and 16th:

*Super Password will air at 9am; remains at 11am

*Press Your Luck moves to 9:30am

*Sale of the Century moves to 10:00am

*The $100,000 Pyramid will air at 11:30am

*Richard Karn\'s Family Feud will air at 12pm and 12:30pm

*The Pyramid (GSN) will air at 2:30pm

*8:00am and 8:30am remains Match Game

*The $25,000 Pyramid remains at 10:30am

Looks like both versions of Lingo bounce off the schedule again. Plus, nothing from Zap2It hinting there will be any new version/episode pick-ups.

gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
I\'m all for an extra Super Password a day.
*Indecipherable screaming*

Jay Temple

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:05:37 AM »

I\'m all for an extra Super Password a day.

My thoughts exactly.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »

*Love Triangle replaces Chain Reaction weekend mornings at 10:30am

The hell?  Of all the random failed originals to dig out of mothballs, *this* is what turns up?

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »

If it were a game show we would be wondering here if GSN were planning new episodes. 

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »

*Love Triangle replaces Chain Reaction weekend mornings at 10:30am

The hell?  Of all the random failed originals to dig out of mothballs, *this* is what turns up?

GSN never lets its \"babies\" die and will keep pushing them one way or another, if they can. 

Why more Karn Feud?  Couldn\'t they, you know, lease a season of Dawson and/or Combs to fill that hour, if they MUST have more Feud?  Or do they too now believe that no one will watch unless there\'s double, nay, single entendre questions? 

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »

Hard to believe it is at most 11 years old already!

Another thought...if they have so much faith in Chain Reaction to give it an evening block, why not lease the Cullen version too (it\'s one season, so.....)? 

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:36:06 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »

Another thought...if they have so much faith in Chain Reaction to give it an evening block, why not lease the Cullen version too (it\'s one season, so.....)? 

Because that costs money.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:08 AM »

Why would you lease episodes of a show that is 30 years old and hardly has the name recognition of say, Pyramid?

Just because you want to see more classics doesn\'t make it a good business decision.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »

Why would you lease episodes of a show that is 30 years old and hardly has the name recognition of say, Pyramid?

Just because you want to see more classics doesn\'t make it a good business decision.

It\'s sorta like running the Woolery Lingo instead of the Engvall Lingo.  The older episodes are much better thatn the newer ones.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

It\'s sorta like running the Woolery Lingo instead of the Engvall Lingo.  The older episodes are much better thatn the newer ones.

Except it\'s not, because you already own both series and don\'t have to lease one versus getting the other for free.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

He wasn\'t claiming it was a good business decision.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »

He wasn\'t claiming it was a good business decision.

Actually, isn\'t that a base assumption that we should be able to work from when people are having \"thoughts\" about how GSN should conduct themselves, that the \"thinker\" feels it\'s a solid business decision? Is it not reasonable for people to run their ideas through that very basic sanity check before they post them? (For serious suggestions, of course. There\'s nothing wrong with \"I know it doesn\'t make one iota of financial sense, but wouldn\'t it be awesome if they ran a Time Machine marathon?\" so long as you make it clear that you understand why it isn\'t gonna happen.) \'Cuz otherwise we\'re a stone\'s throw away from Thad Dixon again, and that\'s good for nobody.

\'Cuz if not, I\'m just gonna whip up a keyboard macro for \"Because that would be a piss-poor business decision\" and save myself a lot of time.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:15:34 PM by clemon79 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Sure, but at the same time discussion is going to dry up every time somebody says \"wouldn\'t it be great if GSN did a thing?\" and the answer is \"they won\'t because it costs money to do that.\"

It costs money to run a business. I have no idea what their equation is for \"if we get this big of a marginal increase on the average for this time slot then we buy the new property\", but Sale of the Century slid under the limbo bar. If they can get the same numbers with Chain Reaction: 2007 as they can with the 1980 run or the Canadian version, then of course they\'re going to stick. But part of their model should also be picking up new stuff, whether that\'s Greed, Win Lose or Draw or Pyramid: 2002.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »

Sure, but at the same time discussion is going to dry up every time somebody says \"wouldn\'t it be great if GSN did a thing?\" and the answer is \"they won\'t because it costs money to do that.\"

Right. My point is that not nearly as many discussions would dry up if the OP would demonstrate that very basic understanding in the first place.

(And, actually, \"wouldn\'t it be great if?\" is a totally valid construction for that. But you will agree that we get far more \"Hey, here\'s an idea\"s and \"You know, they should\"s, and those are the posts I am referring to.

but Sale of the Century slid under the limbo bar.

That\'s true. But GSN also has no analog to $otC that is a free alternative.

That said, Bill Cullen > Dylan Lane in the same sense that Dick Clark > everyone else, so there *might* be an argument there. But I\'m not convinced that GSN knows that or that it would grab the audience the same way $otC (surprisingly, delightedly so) seems to have.

But part of their model should also be picking up new stuff, whether that\'s Greed, Win Lose or Draw or Pyramid: 2002.

Why do you hate Pyramid so much? :)

Here\'s the deal: a network that deals mostly in slightly-used programming (whether it\'s GSN or TBS) is going to obtain new and different shows to shake up their lineup when they see that viewership of what\'s there is stagnating. They are not leasing a season of Pyramid; they are leasing X00,000 pairs of eyeballs for $Y00,000. If that X/Y ratio isn\'t a number they can live with, they shouldn\'t do it, bottom line. It\'s awfully hard to come up with a competitive ratio when you have one that returns a divide-by-zero error.