Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!  (Read 35072 times)

carlisle96

"Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »

I am guessing (though I may be wrong) that this is one of those print-on-demand outfits, which would explain the high cost of the book. I wouldn\'t expect to see this on Amazon or in your local Books-A-Plenty anytime soon.

Actually just got the word, it will be on Amazon in about three weeks, at which time I\'m going to post another self-aggrandizing plug-thread. Stay tuned!

Eh, screw it, I\'ll just post the Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Quizmaster-Life-Times-Games-Cullen/dp/159393730X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373051555&sr=8-2&keywords=adam+nedeff\'>here.

just ordered mine through Amazon. I\'m still a devotee to paper and print.

whizofthequiz

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »

I would encourage all to read this book! Besides being a wonderful tribute to the Dean of Game Show Hosts, it includes tremendous insight into the game show makers of the day including Goodson-Todman, Bob Stewart and Barry-Enright. It also paints a fascinating picture of the life cycle of the game show genre from the 50s to present.

Even with all the great information included, you never lose sight that the star of this book is Bill Cullen. I found myself sad at the end of the book that Ann Cullen had lost her beloved husband and that we had lost our television friend. A great read - thank you, Adam!

BTW, the story of how Bob Stewart got some of the set pieces for Three on a Match is priceless! Again, Adam, thank you!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »

Now, see, THAT is service. (That is also a far-more-reasonable price.)

One sorta-small, sorta-not nitpick you might want to attend to: whoever took care of the submission with Amazon (I dunno if it was you or your publisher) submitted the TITLE IN ALL CAPS, AND I DO NOT WANT THE TITLE SHOUTING AT ME FROM MY BOOK LIST. Know what I mean? :)

That said, I am sure you have made a few sales, myself included once I know if that can be easily fixed or not. (To wit: I\'m buying the book. If it can be fixed, I\'ll wait until it\'s fixed to do it, If it can\'t be fixed, I\'ll suck it up, but it\'s gonna twinge at me every time I pick up my Kindle.) Thank you very much for looking into it!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:10:35 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »

Thank you very much for looking into it!

I didn\'t look into it at all, to be honest with you. Apparently, BearManor and Amazon got a rather impressive number of requests on the first day of pre-orders.

clemon79

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »

I didn\'t look into it at all, to be honest with you. Apparently, BearManor and Amazon got a rather impressive number of requests on the first day of pre-orders.

So it was BearManor that submitted it to Amazon, not you? I\'m happy to ping them about the title issue if they did it.

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
Oh this is awesome. I\'ll put in my Kindle order tomorrow morning!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »

Yeah, I\'m gonna give Amazon and BearManor a shot to get back to me, and then I am gonna pick it up too. TOTALLY looking forward to it. :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
I have to place an order to eventually read something on a digital device? Did I miss something?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

I have to place an order to eventually read something on a digital device? Did I miss something?

No, you can in fact buy it right now on the Kindle Store.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
As much as I\'d love to get a signed copy to go on my \"games\" shelf, thirty bucks is hard to swing these days. $10 on the KindlePad makes it a much easier decision for me.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »

Also, I spoke too soon...it\'s not coming up on the Kindle Store on either of my devices (a 3rd-gen Kindle Keyboard and a 1st-gen Kindle Fire) but as Adam links it\'s clearly there and I\'m sure it just needs to be ingested into their search engines. I suggest just going to Adam\'s link and buying it there and having it sent to your device from that.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »

Also, I spoke too soon...it\'s not coming up on the Kindle Store on either of my devices (a 3rd-gen Kindle Keyboard and a 1st-gen Kindle Fire) but as Adam links it\'s clearly there and I\'m sure it just needs to be ingested into their search engines. I suggest just going to Adam\'s link and buying it there and having it sent to your device from that.

Yeah, one way or another you can get it within minutes. My mother eagerly e-mailed me a photo of her Kindle just to show off a page to me. :-)

chad1m

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
I\'m thinking this will get me to download the Kindle app to my iPhone for the first time.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
I don\'t know how it works on the phone but once I got it on the BorgPad I never looked back. I don\'t even take the Kindle for a walk anymore.
Travis L. Eberle