Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!  (Read 35089 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Let me also point out that Amazon makes it pretty easy to make a Kindle version available, to the point where you are more-or-less home if you can convert the book to a Word doc, or a webpage. The financial breakdowns of it may not make sense to you, but I urge you to at least look into it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000234621\'>Kindle Publishing Programs

There are also apps out there that can help you do the formatting yourself if you want; I\'ve used http://code.google.com/p/sigil/\'>Sigil for a bunch of stuff and like it,

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »

The only problem is it\'s now officially out of my hands (the copyright is in my name, but the publishing rights belong to the publishing company). But I\'m definitely listening to the demand and I\'ll pass the word along.

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »

The only problem is it\'s now officially out of my hands (the copyright is in my name, but the publishing rights belong to the publishing company).

Yeah, that\'s definitely a problem. Hopefully that\'s a lesson learned for the future if you decide to do this again.

But I\'m definitely listening to the demand and I\'ll pass the word along.

Considering said company thinks $33 is a fair price to charge for a friggin\' PDF, you\'ll excuse me if my hopes aren\'t high, but if it\'s what can be done, it\'s what can be done.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

Isn\'t it ironic that you can\'t really kindle a fire with a kindle but you can with paper?  I\'m old-fashioned.  I like books that are printed on paper.

Relevant

I was psyched when The Ultimate TV Game Show Book came out, and I\'m psyched for such an amazing biography. DO WANT.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:46:32 AM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

tvmitch

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:07 PM »

Sounds wonderful! However I\'m with Mr. Lemon. I\'d only buy it for the Kindle. And I would probably buy it instantly if it was available for the Kindle. Haven\'t bought a paper book in months if not a couple years.

You should follow me on Twitter

Bob Zager

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Wow!  Congrats, Adam!

BTW, what is the \"four-volume set,\" titled \"This Day in Game Show History?\"  Is it also from Bear Manor publishing?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »

Wow!  Congrats, Adam!

BTW, what is the \"four-volume set,\" titled \"This Day in Game Show History?\"  Is it also from Bear Manor publishing?

Funnily enough, that book I wrote before the Bill Cullen book, but editing and layout turned into such a mammoth project (2000 pages combined) that I wound up getting Bill\'s book out first.

BillCullen1

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »

For those of us who don\'t have a problem buying a paperback, would this be available at a Barnes & Noble store or do I have to place an order with the publisher?

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »

For those of us who don\'t have a problem buying a paperback, would this be available at a Barnes & Noble store or do I have to place an order with the publisher?

I am guessing (though I may be wrong) that this is one of those print-on-demand outfits, which would explain the high cost of the book. I wouldn\'t expect to see this on Amazon or in your local Books-A-Plenty anytime soon.

EDIT: A little Googling indicates that this is in fact the case.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:42:25 PM by clemon79 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

DrBear

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:27 PM »

Yeah, Lulu is how I did mine (and this is Adam\'s thread, so I won\'t plug it here). and it works pretty well for what it is. Yes, it\'s pretty easy to get the work on Kindle  (tougher to get it on Nook, although that\'s all but dead anyway.) And while I\'m a print guy, I did sell a couple e-books as well (thank you!) and it was all relatively painless.

Anyway, having gone through the birthing process myself, congratulations, Adam!

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »

I am guessing (though I may be wrong) that this is one of those print-on-demand outfits, which would explain the high cost of the book. I wouldn\'t expect to see this on Amazon or in your local Books-A-Plenty anytime soon.

Actually just got the word, it will be on Amazon in about three weeks, at which time I\'m going to post another self-aggrandizing plug-thread. Stay tuned!

Bobby B.

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »
Just ordered one.  I\'m sure it will be a fantastic read!

The Pyramids

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 02:41:08 PM »

Congratulations, Adam. 

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »

Actually just got the word, it will be on Amazon in about three weeks, at which time I\'m going to post another self-aggrandizing plug-thread. Stay tuned!

Eh, screw it, I\'ll just post the Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Quizmaster-Life-Times-Games-Cullen/dp/159393730X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373051555&sr=8-2&keywords=adam+nedeff\'>here.