Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brooke Burns to Host The Chase for GSN  (Read 24363 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Brooke Burns to Host The Chase for GSN
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

How is getting Regis going \"all-out\"?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:49:52 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »

I\'m sorry, was someone relevant speaking?

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »

Must have been some static in the computer. My bad.

Travis L. Eberle

tvwxman

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »

Of all the names that were tossed around for this, (and trust me when I tell you that I know MUCH more than Lets Go Wankees), she was the worst selection, and that\'s truly a shame, cause there were some solid names that could have made this ----- better.

She can\'t read, she can\'t adlib, she has little \'authority\' to command presence during a speed round (the entire essence of the game). So why did GSN pick her up? Oh, right. Those.

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »
She can\'t read, she can\'t adlib, she has little \'authority\' to command presence during a speed round (the entire essence of the game). So why did GSN pick her up? Oh, right. Those.
Authority and command are two of the words I was trying to think of. It isn\'t necessary for a quiz show host to know all the answers (it is obvious when Bradley Walsh knows or doesn\'t know something in the Chase rounds), but hosting a quiz does require a certain presence, and from watching the two dozen Dog Eat Dog episodes that\'s something I don\'t remember her having. (That\'s to say nothing of her saying \"incorrect\" after somebody passed or gave no answer.) She wasn\'t bubbleheaded, but she was mediocre in her competency at everything that didn\'t involve cheering on the contenders.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:11:02 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »

Hey, maybe she\'ll surprise all of us.

/I don\'t expect her to surprise any of us

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
He\'s \"retired\" but he has his sports show coming in August. So he\'ll still do TV.

I know correcting you does precious little good, but Regis never retired.  He simply stopped doing his morning show.  By your leap of logic, David Letterman retired in 1980.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

weaklink75

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:47 PM »

Another part of this is going to be chemistry- if Brooke is passable in the speed rounds but pairs up really well with Mark Labett in banter, it could click- especially if the question writers are clever about it. I do agree with others who say they\'ll be playing up the \"Beauty and The Beast\" angle to this...don\'t know if that tipped the scales in her favor once talks with Dan Patrick fell apart (and actually, I don\'t think he would have worked well in this format- I see him as more of a Cube host than Chase)..

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
Prospective contestants; do you want a host who can read questions well at speed or who can keep a steady flow of chatter with the brigand who stands between you and your money?
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »

GSN confirms Brooke Burns as host of The Chase in a press release. They also confirm that the format, likely for time constraints, is altered to feature three contestants taking on the Beast.

He also tweeted that \"I think the US Chase could be something special. Impressed with Brooke Burns\' presenting skills.\"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:58:48 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
Prospective contestants; do you want a host who can read questions well at speed or who can keep a steady flow of chatter with the brigand who stands between you and your money?

If she\'s engaging said brigand in conversation while the clock is running instead of asking him questions, it might be a coin toss. :)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:42:03 PM by clemon79 »

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »

I want a host who can read the question at the same speed for both parties.  One of Walsh\'s few deficits is that when he gets caught up in the action late in the final chase, he fires off questions especially quickly, more quickly than he doesn for the contestants, and this seems slightly unfair.

As to what makes good television?  A steady cadence is worthless if it\'s at a snail\'s pace.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Fedya

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »
He also tweeted that \"I think the US Chase could be something special. Impressed with Brooke Burns\' presenting skills.\"
Well he would, wouldn\'t he?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

Well he would, wouldn\'t he?

I mean, he didn\'t necessarily have to respond...I don\'t know, I take it as a good sign.

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »
I mean, he didn\'t necessarily have to respond...I don\'t know, I take it as a good sign.

It\'s advertising. No more, no less. If you want to take it as a good sign, great, but to be consistent you should also believe that New, Improved Bounty Paper Towels are in fact New and Improved just because they told you so.