Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ben Stein is back on GSN  (Read 12205 times)

BillCullen1

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »

Game Show Moments Gone Bananas will be part of GSN\'s Memorial Day package. One ep will air on Monday, 5/27 at 7 pm EST and the others will air on Tuesday evenings, If  you have the five CD collection like I do, you\'ve seen these. But it\'s a nice trip down Memory Lane.

Vahan_Nisanian

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

One of the five episodes (forgot which one it was), featured a clip of TPIR from 1991. I remember seeing it on GSN in the past. It was Janice miraculously getting a Hole-in-One during a playing of such pricing game, and you can clearly see Holly Hallstrom visible in that clip. Somehow, they forgot to blur her face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgE3fbzsE0

J.R.

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
Somehow, they forgot to blur her face.

Don\'t ever change.

-Joe Raygor

daveromanjr

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! Nice to see GSN reairing these

BillCullen1

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »

The one TPIR clip I remember is when a contestant knocks down Dennis James as the turntable is revealing the Bonus Game. A lot of the G-T shows are covered, including B&W ones like The Name\'s The Same. 

BrandonFG

Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
One of the five episodes (forgot which one it was), featured a clip of TPIR from 1991. I remember seeing it on GSN in the past. It was Janice miraculously getting a Hole-in-One during a playing of such pricing game, and you can clearly see Holly Hallstrom visible in that clip. Somehow, they forgot to blur her face.

Or maybe it wasn\'t necessary to blur her out to begin with.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Ben Stein is back on GSN
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Has there ever been an instance where they\'ve blurred out any models face? Look, I know Bob Barker was not a nice guy back in the day, and I know that he and his People Eating Tons [of] Ass can be annoying, but I don\'t honestly think he (or Holly, for that matter) would go through the trouble to make sure that the one-off specials of game show bloopers that pop up every once in a while don\'t show her face. There just isn\'t enough time in the day.

In any case, I haven\'t watch my DVD set of GSMGB in quite sometime and I\'ve kind of misplaced it somewhere, so this shall be quite the treat. Thanks for the heads up. I swear GSN has been doing so much fun stuff since Fall 2012 that it is just amazing. I haven\'t enjoyed the decisions from this channel so much since 2004. It\'s just great.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.