Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can you record yourself saying "Tiiiiiiime's Uuuuup!"  (Read 59436 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Can you record yourself saying "Tiiiiiiime's Uuuuup!"
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »

We\'re playing Whew! as part of this year\'s 24 Hour Game Show Marathon, and we need your help!

We were fortunate enough to receive permission from Alan Thicke himself to use the original music package in our production, so we have every sound we would need...other than that funny little \"Time\'s Up!\" voice that signifies the round is over. (Here it is.)

I want to make our own clean version of the sound, so this is what I would like from you all:

- If you have the capabillity to record your voice and export it as a .wav or .mp3 file, record yourself saying \"Time\'s Up!\" the same way you hear it in the above sample, but in your normal voice (in other words, impersonate the timing of the words, but not the actual voice itself.)

- Send it to me at avoidthewhammy(at)gmail.com, and include your name! :)

I\'ll splice all the voices together once I have them, and if all goes according to plan, the entire Game Show Forum chorus will be heard announcing the end of the rounds as we play Whew!

Thank you all so much -- we can\'t wait to entertain you this weekend!

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »

Okay, that\'s a clever idea. I will try to remember to record something for you tonight.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:43:32 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoItRockapella

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »

Forgive me, but I recall you using the themes for lots of the shows you played last year. Are you only using music you can get permission for this time? Either way, how did you get in touch with Alan Thicke?

I\'m looking forward to Saturday. I wish I knew how to record myself as an MP3...

pacdude

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »

We know that it was a hassle to all involved to find the music for Whew! so we wanted to get the original composer\'s blessing before we used it. And we got in touch with Alan through his agents.

Also: http://vocaroo.com/

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »

Sent! Thanks Cory for the Vocaroo suggestion.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »

I can\'t do the voice, but if I eat enough burritos, I can perfectly replicate the tacky buzzer on the Hollywood Squares.

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »

Thank you to those who have submitted a recording! We need lots more, though. Keep them coming! Remember to go to vocaroo.com if you don\'t know how to record yourself, or just want to do it the easy way.

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com