Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tips for going to see TPiR  (Read 4184 times)

LA the DJ

Tips for going to see TPiR
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:34 AM »

The girlfriend and I are finally making the pilgrimage to Studio 33 in June to catch (a couple?) taping(s) of The Price is Right. Anyone have tips on hotels or things to do in the area, because I\'m going in blind, mostly. I remember a topic on this many years ago on the Invision board when I once attempted this before (and failed), but I\'m curious what things are like these days, like what the wait is like, the line and whatnot. Maybe any tips how to behave for Stan when he comes by?

Also, how does the ticketing work? I went on the website, and was able to print out one (general) ticket for the early Tuesday taping, but it looks like the other Tuesday and Monday tickets are on a \"waitlist\". What does all this mean, and how many consecutive shows can we go to?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:46:56 AM by LA the DJ »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

catkins522

Tips for going to see TPiR
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:01:40 AM »

For hotels, the Farmer\'s Daughter is great, but it is expenese, around $150/night.  There are some cheaper motels in the area, but was not impressed.  for 2-3 times I stayed, the Hollywood Historic Hotel (it is on the web) is my best bet.  The room is smaller but nice.  $56/night including tax...a little more for the summer months.

For tickets, there are 3 tiers, priority, general, and waitlist.  Priority is the first if you at the TV Studios on time.  At 8:30 am or 12 noon, general tickets are next and will get in until the studio is full.  Waitlist is 3rd and must wait until the priority and general gets seated.  If you get left out, you can talk to one of the producer to get in on another day.

Charles Atkins

-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!