Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crowd Rules with Pat Kiernan  (Read 20261 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Crowd Rules with Pat Kiernan
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »

Several years ago, Jim Cramer had a similar segment with college students and they tracked stocks over an extended period of time, possibly a week or two weeks, with the top school winning scholarship money.

Was this different than the Fast Money MBC Challenge that aired on CNBC about five years ago? Thing I remember about that is that the two finalist schools put all their seed money into energy stocks.

Oops.

That might have been it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »
I liked it. Pat Kiernan has some business acumen behind him and isn\'t just a pretty-face interviewer. I\'ve never seen a show where the two hosts make up part of the voting, but they\'re two votes out of 100, which is made up of CEOs and various business-minded folks.

Recommended.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
Quote from: eK\\\" post=\\\"309 link=topic=24774.msg#msg date=8223916\\\"
[quote name=\\\"TLEbe][quote name=\"MikeK\" post=\"309216\"]Several years ago, Jim Cramer had a similar segment with college students and they tracked stocks over an extended period of time, possibly a week or two weeks, with the top school winning scholarship money.
Was this different than the Fast Money MBC Challenge that aired on CNBC about five years ago? Thing I remember about that is that the two finalist schools put all their seed money into energy stocks.Oops.[/quote]That might have been it.[/quote]
The Fast Money MBA Challenge was a fairly straightforward quizzer hosted by Dylan Ratigan, IIRC. I remember it having a round called Hostile Takeover, but it being no more than \"challenge the weakest player on the other team to answer this tough question\". I don\'t recall Jim Cramer being involved with that show; however, he has done college tours that may resemble what Mike is referring to.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

colonial

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

\"Crowd Rules\" has been yanked after just two episodes due to lousy ratings....

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/crowd-rules-removed-from-cnbc-schedule_b181536

JD

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
That would explain the airing of \"60 Minutes on CNBC\" that my Tivo grabbed instead of Crowd Rules.

What rating did it get, and what were they expecting?
Travis L. Eberle

colonial

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »

Crowd Rules debuted to 47,000 total viewers and 12,000 in the 25-54 demo, according to TVNewser.  By comparison, two other CNBC \"reality\" shows, Treasure Detectives and Car Chasers, drew five times the demo and 5-6 times the overall numbers as \"Crowd Rules\" -- I\'m thinking CNBC was expecting at least 200,000 overall/50,000 demo for the show.

Last week, Fox Business beat CNBC for the first time ever in a non-election primetime night.  \"Cavuto\" and a rerun of \"The Willis Report\" beat, you guessed it, \"Crowd Rules\".

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

Pat Kiernan is canned after two episodes, and Brooke Burns gets The Chase.

Life really isn\'t fair.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Crowd Rules debuted to 47,000 total viewers and 12,000 in the 25-54 demo, according to TVNewser.  By comparison, two other CNBC \"reality\" shows, Treasure Detectives and Car Chasers, drew five times the demo and 5-6 times the overall numbers as \"Crowd Rules\" -- I\'m thinking CNBC was expecting at least 200,000 overall/50,000 demo for the show.

People would rather watch two shows that barely belong on the History Channel, let alone a financial news station.

Either I\'m underestimating the average American viewer, or people really, really love shows about people buying antique shiat.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »
I try to not go to the Idiocracy well too often because I think it is the easy shot to take and it isn\'t always warranted, but I think it is appropriate here.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »
[quote name=\"clemon79\" post=\"310214\" timestamp=\"1369934892\"]Pat Kiernan is canned after two episodes, and Brooke Burns gets The Chase.

Life really isn\'t fair.[/quote]
THIS.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
I don\'t like being a TV snob; it\'s unbecoming and I love trashy television like anyone. What makes me angry is that people actually had a chance to learn something. This wasn\'t just Queen for a Day where whoever has the hardest-luck story wins the money. If you were paying attention you could see what happens on the business side of a business, and that profits and payroll don\'t just come from magical gnomes who poop net income on the books. You could also see the challenges and travails of a company, whether self-made or happenstance, and how those businesses deal with the hard times.

A really good show that manages to be positive and upbeat without being cloying or preachy is nuked after two weeks, yet there are so many empty calorie \"reality\" shows that are unworthy of our time that they could fill a Pringles can.
Travis L. Eberle