Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show preemptions today to the Boston Marathon manhunt  (Read 3321 times)

brianhenke

Game show preemptions today to the Boston Marathon manhunt
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »

If you have a game show that airs on an ABC and CBS affiliate this morning (and those that normally get LMAD at 10 am), chances are it\'s being pre-empted for coverage of the manhunt of the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspects.

TPIR did start at its regular 11 am time, but could be pre-empted at any moment due to breaking news.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »
    TPIR did start at its regular 11 am time, but could be pre-empted at any moment due to breaking news.

Brian

When I turned on the TV at 11:24, it was already pre-empted. Not sure when it was broken into...

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:18 PM »

In regards to yesterday\'s preemptions, I don\'t like tipping my hat to HuffPo, but in this case...

14 Americans Outraged That Boston Memorial Service Interrupted \'The Price Is Right\'

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
In regards to yesterday\'s preemptions, I don\'t like tipping my hat to HuffPo, but in this case...

14 Americans Outraged That Boston Memorial Service Interrupted \'The Price Is Right\'

I fully expected to see Darryl \"Hide my eyes from Pop-Tart boxes\" Heine on the list. Whenever normal programming is pre-empted he\'s upset.

brianhenke

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »

ABC and CBS have already announced that there will be one-hour newscasts tonight (6:30-7:30 ET), so we\'ll have more preemptions today.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »

I\'m watching ABC\'s coverage and they have the former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism for the US, Richard Clarke. They called him \"Dick Clarke\" and I had to do a double-take.

Jay Temple

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »

I did repeated double-takes in \'03 (or thereabouts) for the same reason.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.