Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right Big Money Week  (Read 29628 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
The Price is Right Big Money Week
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

During his appearance on The Late Show with Craig Ferguson, clips from The Price is Right were shown and Drew confirmed that there is going to be a Big Money Week sometime soon. During the week they will offer over $1 Million in prizes.

They showed three short clips:

1. Punch-A-Bunch will be played for $250,000.

2. A Ferrari will be offered in a pricing game. (Drew kind of spoiled the result of that)

3. Plinko will be played for $500,000, with a $100,000 slot affixed over top of the normal $10,000 one.

Sounds like a cool idea that can be pulled off, especially since Million Dollar Spectaculars have fallen by the wayside for now. The only thing I didn\'t like from the little that was shown was how easy it is to win so much money in #3.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:31:24 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
This actually might get me to put TPIR back on my Tivo, however briefly.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »
First Pay the Rent, now this; apparently they got over the budget issues right quick.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

Wow, all I needed to see was the keyframe. :)

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »

It seems like, at least for Plinko, it\'s way too easy to walk away with six figures. Granted, they\'ll probably up the small prize difficulty to keep someone from getting five chips, but it still seems too easy. Why don\'t they just play like normal, then trot out that Gold Plinko Chip that\'s been gathering dust and play a bonus chip for 10x?

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Brown

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »

When exactly is this going to air??

Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:07 PM »
It seems like, at least for Plinko, it\'s way too easy to walk away with six figures.
By WolframAlpha\'s calculating you have a 23.7% chance of parking at least one chip in the center slot. Either they\'re flush with cash, Drew or some marvelous benefactor is helping out, or maybe they\'re going to do the cash as an annuity.
Travis L. Eberle

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »

This isn\'t going to move the ratings one bit - why wouldn\'t they do this for a prime time ep - to garner interest in the daytime show?

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
When exactly is this going to air??

Educated guess...Sometime during May Sweeps.

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »

The Big Money week starts today (April 22). LMAD also has brought back the \"Super Deal\" for this week.

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
The Big Money week starts today (April 22). LMAD also has brought back the \"Super Deal\" for this week.

And, \"The Talk\" is doing a Big Money week too. I don\'t know what that entails, nor would I care.

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »

And, \"The Talk\" is doing a Big Money week too. I don\'t know what that entails, nor would I care.

A male audience member is placed in a booth, with a buzzer. If he can endure the hostesses\' cackling for at least :60 without pressing the buzzer, he wins a progressing jackpot that starts at $10,000, and increases 1/10 each day. From what I read, no man made it past :07 in the beta testing.

/Hell, I\'d watch

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Unrealtor

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 07:19:13 PM »

A male audience member is placed in a booth, with a buzzer. If he can endure the hostesses\' cackling for at least :60 without pressing the buzzer, he wins a progressing jackpot that starts at $10,000, and increases 1/10 each day. From what I read, no man made it past :07 in the beta testing.

/Hell, I\'d watch

Clearly the test subjects were all heterosexual, then. Because I know some guys who could win that easily.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

dmota104

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 07:39:06 PM »

I can just hear a lot of general managers of CBS stations ask, \"Why didn\'t they save this for sweeps?\"