Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development  (Read 39344 times)

BrandonFG

The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
Talking out of an ass did provide Adult Swim with 2 seasons of crap, however. So...he\'s got a job waiting there, I guess.

As bawdy as it was, I did love Assy McGee.

ObGameShow: Cartoon Network aired Hole in the Wall.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
Quote from: t Ottinger\\\" post=\\\"309 link=topic=24665.msg069\\\" timestamp=\\\"1367955#msg069\\\" timestamp=\\\"1367955 date=7957752\\\"
[quote name=\\\"TLEbe](Matt, wasn\'t one of your issues that the show has four rounds of drudgery repeated four times, then the show gets good in the last act? Or was that someone else?)

Absolutely.  I think the show as we know it could move quicker.  I\'m just challenging the assertion that the show we DON\'T know would necessarily be any worse.  And, frankly, three rounds of drudgery beats four rounds of drudgery anyway.[/quote]

Another potential contestant (I can\'t remember who) brought up the idea that each contestant should play their cash builder round, and then all four contestants play the mutilple choice round simultaneously. That honestly could take the show down to a half hour.

This was my first time at that stage of the process, so I don\'t know if this is a regular thing, but the questions they asked us were the type of things you\'d see in a contestant intro video package. That, plus additional commercials, may be what makes up the filler when only 3 contestants play.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
And that would solve the issue where the fourth player can take the \"easy\" path if his teammates have built up a decent prize fund. And heck, if the pot is £30,000, what\'s losing £1,000 or so to make sure you have a seat for the final chase?
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

Making the multiple choice part multi-player also makes it all or nothing, doesn\'t it?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 05:03:39 PM »
Making the multiple choice part multi-player also makes it all or nothing, doesn\'t it?
You could give each player an Ask the Audience device to register their guesses, and their avatar would move down the table with right answers or disappear when Mark catches them. A compromise would be to have pairs playing the table portion, so you cut it from four to two instead of one. You also could ditch the cash build round, it rarely surprises and that middle value rarely influences the others.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

Heck, if we\'re going to arrange the show to make it look and play little like the original, let\'s have hot girls in bikinis stand next to Mark with a sparkler in one hand and cards to reveal his answer in the other. We\'ll call them the Beast\'s Teats.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
Beg pardon?
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »
ObGameShow: Cartoon Network aired Hole in the Wall.

And is now available on Netflix-on-demand, FWIW.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »
Quote from: berle\\\" post=\\\"309 link=topic=24665.msg#msg date=8047019\\\"
[quote name=\\\"Kevin Prat]Making the multiple choice part multi-player also makes it all or nothing, doesn\'t it?
You could give each player an Ask the Audience device to register their guesses, and their avatar would move down the table with right answers or disappear when Mark catches them. A compromise would be to have pairs playing the table portion, so you cut it from four to two instead of one. You also could ditch the cash build round, it rarely surprises and that middle value rarely influences the others.[/quote]
Well, I\'m going to go off the board here- why don\'t we take away the team aspect? Play Cash Builder with the four contestants. They all try and bring their separate banks to the home slot simultaneously, and let them each independently decide to double their potential bank for taking a step closer to the chaser, and halve their bank for taking a step away. The player who brings the largest bank back to the home base wins $1,000 and plays for their bank in Final Chase.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »

As noted previously, the game has been altered for three people to a team. The Cash Builder round for this version will offer $5,000 for each correct answer, leading to some potentially high, tempting offers.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
Assuming nothing else changes I can see how that might backfire; if you put $35,000 into the pot and get an offer of just $15,000 to take a step away from the Chaser, well golly, that\'s still $15,000 isn\'t it.

Salud to the production company if they\'re able to put up that kind of money every week.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 01:38:47 PM »

Yeah, but if they get your Typical Modern Game Show Contestants™ to play this thing, you can absolutely count on them being greedy as hell.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
I\'d put a small wager on your Typical Modern Game Show Contestants giving few correct Cash Builder answers, and another small wager on the material being dumbed down.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Kevin Prather

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »

Given step-away offers sometimes run into the minus, I imagine there will be quite a disparity between the normal value and the step-away. Something like $5,000-$35,000-$85,000.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
A question to think about; how many of the contestants know what they\'re up against?
Travis L. Eberle