Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development  (Read 39349 times)

Sodboy13

The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »

I got free round-trip airfare, two nights of free accommodations, a couple of meals, and $200 cash. I didn\'t even get on the show. If I had, however, and got my ass handed to me by one Mark Labbett, I certainly wouldn\'t have thought, \"well, all that for nothing.\"

"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »

It\'s not made clear to the viewers at home (me) that the contestants are compensated for being on the show.  I feel a little better that they \"leave with nothing\" in that case.  Why not reveal that they do get accomodations, etc.?

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »

Why not reveal that they do get accomodations, etc.?

Because it\'s none of your business, and most folks don\'t care.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »

\"Good answer! Good answer!\"

BrandonFG

« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »

Are the incentives Sodboy described the norm for shows where contestants \"leave with nothing\"? I\'d damn sure take the free airfare, accommodations and per diem over the Turtle Wax, Rice-a-Roni, and Garanimals of days past.

I know Millionaire provided a free trip to New York and a hotel room back in the Phone-a-Friend days...not sure on the per diem.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:43:34 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »

Why not reveal that they do get accomodations, etc.?

I\'m assuming The Beast gets paid when he loses.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »

I\'m assuming The Beast gets paid when he loses.

Since he\'s an employee of the production, unlike the contestants, probably so.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2013, 02:17:20 AM »

\"These three players will work as a team to potentially win hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Standing in their way, however, is The Beast. And if they can\'t defeat him, they\'ll leave with nothing.\"

-or-

\"These three players will work as a team to potentially win hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Standing in their way, however, is The Beast. And if they can\'t defeat him, they\'ll leave with a per diem small enough to not require a 1099.\"

The mistake of trolling repeatedly with those familiar with your schtick, you see, is that everyone just regards you as a boob. Consider some fresh waters.

Brandon: I don\'t know what the \"norm\" is across the genre, but speaking from my own experience, I received flights, lodging, and $150 when I did Million Dollar Password. My understanding is that the $1,000 prize minimums on Wheel & Jeopardy are their way of making up for not covering contestants\' airfare and hotels. And I would think crowd shows like TPIR & LMAD guarantee squat, outside of Price\'s \"contestants not appearing on stage\" gift.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:22:20 AM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:49 AM »

. And I would think crowd shows like TPIR & LMAD guarantee squat, outside of Price\'s \"contestants not appearing on stage\" gift.

They actually get money now; somewhere in the realm of $300, I believe.

--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »

\"These three players will work as a team to potentially win hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Standing in their way, however, is The Beast. And if they can\'t defeat him, they\'ll leave with nothing.\"

-or-

\"These three players will work as a team to potentially win hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Standing in their way, however, is The Beast. And if they can\'t defeat him, they\'ll leave with a per diem small enough to not require a 1099.\"

The mistake of trolling repeatedly with those familiar with your schtick, you see, is that everyone just regards you as a boob. Consider some fresh waters.

Brandon: I don\'t know what the \"norm\" is across the genre, but speaking from my own experience, I received flights, lodging, and $150 when I did Million Dollar Password. My understanding is that the $1,000 prize minimums on Wheel & Jeopardy are their way of making up for not covering contestants\' airfare and hotels. And I would think crowd shows like TPIR & LMAD guarantee squat, outside of Price\'s \"contestants not appearing on stage\" gift.

I\'m not asking that they put it in the opening.  Maybe have the host say something to the effect of \"we\'ve got $300 in consolation prize for each of you.\"   

Loogaroo

« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

But it\'s not a consolation prize, it\'s a per diem. Every contestant gets it whether they win or lose.

And let\'s be honest: the only reason consolation prizes ever existed in the first place was because it was a way for advertisers to get their plug in at the end of the show. That\'s pretty much gone the way of the dodo now - at least, it\'s no longer \"some of our departing contestants will receive\" and turned into \"promotional considerations provided by\".

You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »

But it\'s not a consolation prize, it\'s a per diem. Every contestant gets it whether they win or lose.

And let\'s be honest: the only reason consolation prizes ever existed in the first place was because it was a way for advertisers to get their plug in at the end of the show. That\'s pretty much gone the way of the dodo now - at least, it\'s no longer \"some of our departing contestants will receive\" and turned into \"promotional considerations provided by\".

I\'m glad that was cleared up.  I\'m just glad the contestants get something before they \"leave with nothing.\" 

tpirfan28

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »

. And I would think crowd shows like TPIR & LMAD guarantee squat, outside of Price\'s \"contestants not appearing on stage\" gift.

They actually get money now; somewhere in the realm of $300, I believe.

$400, per a taping report on Golden-Road for the new season.  Better than some lamps and a small cash award from InventHelp.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TimK2003

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »

When my wife didn\'t make it out of Contestant\'s Row ten years ago next month, she was given prizes totaling about $800.  Though you can turn straight cash into anything you want, it\'s still nice to see our two prizes nearly every day ten years after the fact (a bar set and a scrubber-vac).

That brings up an interesting fact about TPIR (using my wife\'s parting gifts as an example):  A person who doesn\'t make it up on stage could potentially take home more than someone who does win their IUFB but tanks out the rest of the way.  I\'d need to watch that episode again to see if any of the 6 winners did win an IUFB under $800 but lost their pricing game.

With the flat cash consolation prize in play now, it may not be a possibility anymore, but it was certainly plausible in the Barker era.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:26:07 AM by TimK2003 »

SuperMatch93

« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:37 PM »

What I\'m curious about: is Mark paid in a WBSM fashion; does he get paid more if he wins the Final Chase?

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983