Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New game show games/apps  (Read 23614 times)

BrandonFG

New game show games/apps
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »

The Million Second Quiz app is now available for Android. I just downloaded it, and it keeps the same Apple rules http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?showtopic=24630&p=314042\'>Jeremy described about a week and a half ago. Fun little game, although it will apparently take a while to rack up 3500 points. ;-P

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
New game show games/apps
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »

Depends.  Your winners bonus increases when you go on a streak.  7 wins in a row makes life so much easier.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Vgmastr

New game show games/apps
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »

Yeah, I won 11 out of 12 matches I racked up enough points to qualify in about an hour.  Now I wait for the call that will probably never come...

chad1m

New game show games/apps
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2013, 05:18:24 PM »

GSN has a great new remodel of The Chase in the https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chase-official-gsn-quiz-show/id778661094?mt=8\'>iTunes Store. I\'ve written http://chadmosher.com/wordpress/chase-app-review/\'>a review of it, but the short of it is that it\'s an authentic game well worth the buck it\'s currently going for.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New game show games/apps
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »
Hmm. You figure \"Thousands of U.S. friendly questions\" is at least 2,000 by definition (though I\'d sure like it if they gave us an actual number), so that\'s an okay amount of content, too, especially for a content-heavy game like this.

That said, in the Final Chase, that seems like content wasted much of the time...I realize the effect wouldn\'t be the same, but I\'d rather it fill the Chaser\'s run with gibberish or something and only show me a question when Mark\'s missed it and I get a shot at the pushback.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

New game show games/apps
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »

You figure \"Thousands of U.S. friendly questions\" is at least 2,000 by definition (though I\'d sure like it if they gave us an actual number),

It looks like it\'s 3,000 on the nose, if you look at the database in the game.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
Does the progression go cash build-table chase-final chase, or do you have to sit through two rounds of AI partners playing?

The one thing that sticks for me when playing a quiz game against the computer is that I\'m playing a quiz game against the computer. In Trivia Match I know that Ken Jennings answered all of the questions and that provides a fair metric to compare my own skills and recollection--does The Chase make any such claim or are you playing against an imaginary number generator?
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

New game show games/apps
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »

Does the progression go cash build-table chase-final chase, or do you have to sit through two rounds of AI partners playing?

If you choose \"one player,\" you\'re a one-man team. It supports up to four people that can play on your device - no AI companions.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
21 right answers, three push-backs and I manage to dethrone M. Labbett for \"$45,000.\" Trivia and presentation get top marks, plus there are cheevos if you\'re into that sort of thing. Recommended.
Travis L. Eberle

narzo

Re: New game show games/apps
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »
some new finds in the UK iTunes store:

"Tipping Point", which plays fairly accurately to this show that seemed popular enough in the UK, but bored me to tears.

"Millionaire", a new version featuring a simulated set and the clock, which you can disable.

"Catch Phrase", again a new version (the old one was titled "classic catch phrased") with the modern Mr. Chips and gameplay that seems smoother and faster than the old version.  I just gave up on some games with the old version as they just took way too long. 

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: New game show games/apps
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »
"Catch Phrase", again a new version (the old one was titled "classic catch phrased") with the modern Mr. Chips and gameplay that seems smoother and faster than the old version.  I just gave up on some games with the old version as they just took way too long.
A free version and a paid version ($2.99) are in the US iTunes store.  The free version does not have many ads (4 per game, between rounds) and they can easily be x'ed out.  It's a fun game, with only a few Brit-centric phrases.