Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New game show games/apps  (Read 23689 times)

Brig Bother

New game show games/apps
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
Woah woah woah, they didn\'t do The Chase - different production house completely and also very very good. The other ones (including GFG) are pretty terrible, really.

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 12:10:02 AM »
Jellyvision has come out with another game for iOS- it\'s called Lie Swatter. It\'s a turn based trivia game where you try and \"swat\" all of the lies in a given category of statements. At its core, you\'re playing turn based Wipeout, but the writing makes it much better.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »

Two new updates:

Wheel of Fortune Cubed is available on iOS for a buck. It looks like a combination of Wheel and crossword puzzles.

Price is Right Slots on Facebook just got a visual overhaul and a \"vintage slots\" section. First slot available is Super Ball, and the bonus isn\'t worth playing- you\'re just clicking a lane to roll the ball from, and the game does the rest of the work.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
Someone, anyone, please tell me, what is the allure of the slot machine app game?
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

New game show games/apps
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

You can win lots of useless virtual coins that you would have to otherwise have to buy.

Yeah, I got nothin\' either.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
Jetpack Joyride and Extreme Road Trip (while not game show games) keep pushing the coin packs, but I find the game completely playable and enjoyable without.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »
Million Second Quiz now has a game for your iDevice. You play against some other person in the country in a 10 question showdown. Keep racking up poins, because if you get to 3500, the game asks for your phone number so it can be passed along to casting directors. It\'s a really sleek app, and I like the music loop on the main page.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:56:16 AM by Jeremy Nelson »

pacdude

New game show games/apps
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
I do have issue with the fact that MSQ plagiarized a question straight from The Chase.

http://instagram.com/p/dH66OQAlll/\'>http://instagram.com/p/dH66OQAlll/

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
That\'s interesting, because a question during Christian\'s episode was about what Mexicans call Rio Grande, and I remember that as the question that ended Steve McClellan\'s dreams of becoming a Millionaire and sent him home with $16,000.

The question: can you really plagiarize a trivia question?
/and could you write one more in my wheelhouse, please.
Travis L. Eberle

gamed121683

New game show games/apps
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »

The question: can you really plagiarize a trivia question?

/and could you write one more in my wheelhouse, please.

Fred L. Worth seems to think so...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
But he was incorrect.
Travis L. Eberle

Loogaroo

New game show games/apps
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »

You can\'t plagiarize a fact, but I suspect you can plagiarize the phrasing of it.

(Or, it could just be the same person using the same question for two shows he was working for at about the same time.)

You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

pacdude

New game show games/apps
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
My issue is that the phrasing was exactly the same. Facts pop up all the time. The \"flavor text\" of both questions was phrased exactly the same, which I think is inappropriate.

SuperMatch93

New game show games/apps
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »

The MSQ game online should absolutely NOT be used as an audition method for two very simple reasons:

Instead of randomizing questions, this randomizes bouts. I played the same bout twice within an hour.

EDIT: Wait a moment... that\'s actually a good idea for the show. Have sleep-deprived people answer the same questions they answered an hour ago, and see if their responses change.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:45:30 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Matt Ottinger

New game show games/apps
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »

My issue is that the phrasing was exactly the same. Facts pop up all the time. The \"flavor text\" of both questions was phrased exactly the same, which I think is inappropriate.

My instinct is that it\'s just a really interesting coincidence.  A question has to be written (or, theoretically, stolen) then edited and approved by a head writer.  They then have to decide where to put it (for MSQ, there\'s the live prime time show, the untelevised 23 hours a day the game will be played, and the online component) then it\'s got to get in the hands of the people doing the online game so that it can get loaded into whatever software program they\'re using.  Each step takes time.  I can tell you they\'ve been working on material for MSQ for months, so I struggle with the idea that a writer saw something on television, plagiarized it, and got it through that gauntlet in a little more than a week.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.